✭ chapter 42

song for chapter: midnight city by m83 + play on repeat!!

ethan's pov

"alright guys, for real. who else are we inviting?" i say to grayson, cam, and jack sitting at our lunch table.

a few other varsity football players eat at our table with us. all of the guys on varsity just kind of mesh together in school.

"what about like tyler and anthony? their weed is straight fucking gas," cameron says causing us all to let out a laugh.

i nod and shrug, "yeah, i guess."

jack chimes in, "if we're making it a byob where everyone has to bring their own shit, whether that's alcohol or bud-"

cameron interrupts him and points a finger outwards while shrugging his shoulders, "or coke."

i laugh at cameron and grayson rolls his eyes from beside me, "shut the fuck up, cam."

"hey, just a thought," cameron says in a joking manner.

we all chuckle lightly before looking back at jack for him to finish what he was saying, "but yeah, put them on the list. they'll definitely bring their shit, maybe even some edibles too."

i nod my head, liking his thinking, and type both of their names down in my notes along with the rest of the invite list.

"you guys, we definitely are having the biggest after party out of the entire senior class," grayson says confidently which causes all of us to nod in agreement.

"yeah dude, this shit is insane. how did you guys get your parents to pay for the house?" cameron says, looking back and forth between my brother and i.

my parents have money, i'm not gonna lie. whenever grayson and i asked them about renting out a beach house that was bigger than the size of our own house, they didn't even seem to hesitate.

"i don't know man, but the house is big as fuck," grayson says proudly.

i nod my head, "yeah, i made sure to reserve it this morning. you guys wanna see some pictures?"

"fuck yeah," jack says as cameron nods his head.

i laugh and pull out my phone but before i can even unlock it i see that i have an unopened notification.

i see that it was a text from claire and the guys laughs and separate conversation starts to muffle out in my brain.

i unlock my phone with my fingerprint and read over the message.

bbg: hey

i grin to myself as i read the message, getting distracted from what i was doing before as i type back my response to her.

ethan: hey baby

"hello? what's taking you so long?" grayson says to me, gaining back my full attention.

i snap out of it and look at my twin, "oh shit, my bad."

grayson looks over my shoulder and peers down onto my phone to look at what i was doing.