✭ chapter 40

song for chapter: goodnight n go by ariana grande + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

"you drive me fucking crazy."

even in the darkness of the room, i can still clearly see his defined cheekbones from the giddy smile plastered on his face.

i give him a quick peck before sitting up, causing him to get off of me.

as much as i physically crave him, that's not the reason why i called him over here. i need to be straight up with him and tell him what i want.

i feel my heart rate start to decline due to the lack of touch and i start steadily breathing again.

"ethan, look, i need to be honest with you," i spit out, slightly scared of any possibility of rejection.

i look at him sitting next to me and he nods slowly, probably not knowing what i'm trying to get at.

i huff, not wanting to hold it in any longer, "i just, i don't-"

he stops me suddenly, "claire, it's fine. i understand that you don't want to be with me after what i did," he pauses and rubs his temple in a stressed manner, "i know i'm not good for you."

i rapidly shake my head, "no no no, that's not what i was going to say," i respond to him while reaching my hand out to grab his arm, "look at me," i say sternly.

his head turns to look at me with his eyebrows knitted together in confusion, his mouth slightly agape, "i want you, ethan. i want to be with you. i want to start over and forget about all of the bullshit that has happened in the past, because no matter what i do you never seem to leave my mind."

his tense face slowly loosens up and on his face appears a goofy smile that he can't seem to wipe off. before he even responds he grabs my chin and pulls my jaw towards his mouth, smashing his lips onto mine.

i feel him smile into the kiss and he glides his hands up and down my arms smoothly as he does so. his touch radiates a warm energy to spread all over my body and i feel my breathing start to become heavier as i exhale out of my nose.

his smile now turns into a smirk from him knowing he's having an effect on me which only makes my breathing become ten times harder. he sneaks his tongue into my mouth and lays me down onto the couch again, continuing to make out with me.

i moan into the kiss, not being able to get enough of the taste of his lips. my hands rub up and down his chiseled abs in a desperate attempt to feel him even more.

he pulls his lips away slightly and i try to kiss him back but he remains still, teasing me as he ghosts my lips with his own.

his hot and heavy pants fan onto me, me wanting nothing more but to connect our lips once again.

"be with me," he whispers.

"what?" i whisper back, out of breath as well due to our heated make out.

"you heard me," he says lowly before going back to kiss me once again. he slips his hand under my shirt which causes me to gasp slightly as his warm fingers trickle up the skin of my bare stomach.

he takes this to his advantage and slips his tongue into my mouth again, deepening the kiss. he starts to slide his hand further up my stomach, his hand stopping right underneath my bra.

he pulls away and smirks seductively, planting a peck on my lips after each word that comes out of his mouth.

"be," the warmth of his lips meet mine, "with," he breathes out before diving his head back down, "me," he says finally as his lips collide with mine once again, but this one much longer and far more passionate than the previous two.