✭ chapter 39

song for chapter: golden by harry styles + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

-sunday afternoon-

i open my front door with jade behind me,  revealing my four beloved friends.

lily, hannah, maddie, and skylar all arrived soon after i texted the group chat and asked for them to come over.

"hey!" lily says, glad to see me again and pulls me into a hug as she walks inside. i greet her and the rest of the girls then shut the door once everyone's inside.

i see my mom start to come over into the foyer area from the kitchen, "hi girls, i'm claire's mom," my mom says with a welcoming smile, "it's so nice to meet you all, i've heard so much about you guys! all good things of course," my mom says, chuckling to herself.

"it's nice to meet you mrs. evans," skylar says piping up from the back with a kind smile.

skylar's the most respectful out of us, making her the mom of the group, so she has the best manners.

my mom swats her hand, "oh, please," she says in a dramatic tone, "call me julia."

hannah giggles, "okay then, julia."

maddie hits hannah and tells her to shut up, causing my mom to laugh at their playfulness as do the rest of us.

"we'll, i'll be down here if you girls need anything," my mom says before walking away, "it was nice meeting you girls!" my mom says as we make our way upstairs to my room.

"you two!" the four girls said back in unison.

once we make it up to the second floor i lead them to my room and open the door.

"damn, you have a cool ass room," maddie says, sounding impressed as she walks inside.

"that's exactly what i said!" jade says to maddie, causing me to giggle.

"thanks maddie," i say as i throw my hair up into a messy bun.

lily closes the door from her being the last one inside and bites her lip, shifting her weight from her left foot to her right foot, "so..." she says, anticipating the news that everyone's dying to know.

"so, what the hell happened?" hannah says finishing lily's sentence in a blunt tone causing maddie to snicker at her.

i go to sit down at my vanity and turn the wheelie chair to face all of my friends who were now sitting together on my bed.

"there's a lot i have to tell you guys," i say, emphasizing 'a lot'.

"well, get to it then," jade says as they all watch me contently, desperate for me to explain.

i take a deep breath and look at lily, maddie, hannah, and skylar, "jade already knows the main points of the backstory but i never told you guys what happened with me and ethan at first," i say, pointing at the four girls, "so let me start off with that first."

they all nod, including jade. i pull the whispies out from my messy bun in front of my ears, fidgeting with the strands of hair out of slight nerves.

"when i first transferred to school here, before i was friends with you guys, you all know how i was friends with liz and the rest of those bitches?" i say with a sour look on my face just thinking about them.