✭ chapter 64

song for chapter: after party by don toliver + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

i swallow the last bit of alcohol in my cup and i stick my tongue out while lifting up my cup to flip it upside down, tapping on the bottom of the plastic cup to show that there was nothing left.

"yes bitch!" maddie cheers for me, sounding drunk as fuck.

i giggle and look at ethan, lazily handing him my cup, "can you get me more?" i slur out, having trouble even focusing on his face.

he chuckles, clearly drunk as well and he shakes his head, "no can do."

"why?!" i say while erupting into a fit of giggles, walking closer to him while almost tripping over my own two feet.

he grabs onto my waist and practically picks me up to be near him, holding me close and protectively to keep me from falling, "that's why," he says with a little chuckle.

i roll my eyes, "you're no fun," i pout while sticking my bottom lip out and batting my eyelashes at him.

he only laughs at me, not being able to take me seriously and plants a quick peck on my cheek, "you'll thank me later, baby."

before i can even argue back, i hear jack shout in the large living room at everyone who's inside, "alright, if you're not a pussy then get the fuck over here! we're playing spin the bottle!" jack yells as he cups his hands around his mouth.

all of our friends go to join, every single one of them, and i look at ethan, "wanna watch?"

"fuck yeah, i don't think i've seen jack kiss a girl since his ex," he says with a laugh.

"wait, really?" i say, kind of surprised and he looks at me while slowly nodding, "yeah, is that news to you?" he asks, surprised that i didn't know.

i shrug, "i guess so, i didn't know him and his ex were that serious."

i see ethan's eyes widen, "oh yeah, they dated for a long ass time."

he starts walking to the couch and i hold onto his arm for stability as we join the group of people.

ethan guides us towards the large cushiony couch that nearly took over half of the room, and i plop down onto the sofa immediately, him sitting down next to me.

he makes sure to sit extra close, almost like he's showing everyone that i'm his, and he places a hand on my thigh. i put my hand on top of his and tilt my head to the side to be resting on his shoulder, smiling softly to myself.

i look at the group of people sitting in the circle and examine the players. there was jade, lily, hannah, skylar, maddie, grayson, cameron, jack, bryce– one of the football boys, and tyler and anthony– the two stoner boys who had a witty sense of humor.

"this should be interesting," i say to ethan as we sit with the rest of the people who decided to watch, too.

"okay," jack says while grabbing the empty bottle of smirnoff that he had sitting beside him, "let's go over the rules."

"um, what fucking rules?" cameron says while laughing, "all you do is spin the mother fucking bottle."

everyone laughs loudly at this, including me, and i look at cameron's blood shot eyes which indicated how extremely high he was.