✭ chapter 23

ethan's pov

i watch claire get out of my car and i smile while doing so. before her i was just a sad guy that only played with girls feelings, but now that i have claire, everything's different.

i never thought this would be me, genuinely happy with a girl and not just sleeping around with them. she changed me.

after the 30 seconds of me waiting i get out of the car and see cameron, jack, and grayson heading over to me.

"e wait up!" i hear grayson yell. i stop in place and turn to face them. we all do the bro handshake and walk into school together like we do every morning.

"what's up," i say nonchalantly. jack looks at me with a plain face but then he lights up like he suddenly remembered something, "bro, are you going to the party friday? it's at payton's house, ya know, the fine ass cheerleader?"

i freeze in my spot. payton. serena's friend who practically forced herself onto me after cheer tryouts just to upset claire. friday is when i'm taking claire on a date anyways, so i can't go even if I wanted to.

cameron joins in, "of course i'm going, why would i miss an opportunity to get wasted with a bunch of bitches?"

jack and grayson pat cameron on the back and nod their heads while laughing.

grayson nudges me with his elbow, "ethan's going, obviously. when does he ever miss a party?"

i shake my head, "no, i'm not really in the mood for a party anytime soon."

they all stop in their place and look at me with wide eyes.

grayson raises one of his eyebrows, "you're kidding, right?"

i clench my jaw and shake my head, "no, i'm not."

jack rolls his eyes, "what the fuck, ethan? what's up with you? the party's not even tonight it's tomorrow," he pauses looking annoyed, "so get over your little tantrum tonight and come to the party tomorrow."

cameron and grayson laugh along with jack as he finishes his last sentence. i can feel the anger boiling inside of me as i clench my fist, feeling my vain bulge out of my arm.

cameron starts to clap his hands obnoxiously in the middle of the senior parking lot while laughing, "haha, don't upset him too much he might have a meltdown."

grayson and jack start laughing uncontrollably with cameron, obviously trying to get under my skin.

"shut the fuck up, cameron," i say after taking a deep breath. i look over at cameron and see that he's still laughing with the rest of them.

cameron looks over at me daringly, pressing my buttons, "what's wrong ethan? is someone ups-"

i grab cameron by his collar with both hands and slam him up against a random car in the senior lot.

i grit my teeth together, barely opening my mouth while speaking, "i said shut the fuck up."

cameron's eyes are filled with fear and he immediately shuts up. i let go of him, pushing him away from me. he stumbles back a bit, almost falling on his ass.

the guys look at me with nothing but shock plastered on each of their faces, all of them completely silent now.

"who wants to go next? keep fucking laughing," i say in a harsh sarcastic tone.

i walk ahead of them and i hear grayson yell at me from behind, "ethan come on, don't be like this."

i start walking at an even faster pace to the point where i'm practically jogging.