✭ chapter 65

song for chapter: say you won't let go by james arthur + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

i stepped into my black bikini that showed off my body in all of the right places, and decided to leave my hair down and straight.

i didn't bother putting on a t-shirt or shorts overtop since everyone was in their swimsuits as well.

at this time of night it was already past one in the morning and the majority of the guests who weren't invited to stay the night had left.

the guys were making a bonfire at the beach for all of us to come down and hang out at, so the girls and i were upstairs and changing to get ready to go.

"you guys ready?" jade asks us, her being changed into her bikini as well.

"i am," i say, and the rest of the girls nod, all of us now wearing our bathing suits.

"so," i say, slipping on my sandals while focusing my attention on jade, "i'm assuming everything went well between you and grayson?"

after i had came back inside from talking to grayson, not too long after he pulled jade into one of the empty rooms upstairs and had a talk with her.

at least, that's what i'm aware of.

it was clear after talking with him that he was going to confess his feelings for jade, and when they both went upstairs together it looked like that's exactly what had happened.

except, it seemed a little long for it to just be a conversation, but jade has yet to tell me any of the details.

when she came back down the stairs with grayson right by her side, i noticed there was something different about her.

maybe i'm just drunk, but to me she looked as if she had this certain glow about her, something that i haven't seen on her in a long time.

i didn't have any time to ask either one of them questions though, because before i knew it they were back and joining our group to play a couple rounds of beer pong downstairs.

jade smiles at me with sparkly eyes, but looks away, looking down at the tile flooring of the bathroom all of us girls were together in and blushing from her thoughts.

"tell me!" i say with a smile, urging her to give me some sort of information.

"no way," hannah says with a gasp, and we all look at the blonde who's hands were covering her mouth in shock, "you guys fucked!"

jade's head shoots up to look at hannah as the rest of us can't help but to laugh.

"wait... but like," lily says, pausing and raising her eyebrows, "did you?"

"no!" jade says, shaking her head and rolling her eyes, "we didn't fuck, we just talked about things..." she says as her words trail off a little, and she looks back at me while squinting her eyes and scrunching up her face as if she didn't want to say it out loud, "and we may have sort of made out?" she says in a quieter voice.

"what!?" all of us girls scream in unison and she only giggles in response.

"well, that makes two of us," maddie says, referring to her heated make out with jack.

we all laugh at this, all of us finding the spin the bottle moment to be totally unexpected.

i giggle and roll my eyes at maddie before looking back at jade, "dude! i'm so happy for you!!" i say, giving her a hug.

i know that this is all she's wanted since she's started to develop feelings for grayson, as much as she never wanted to admit it.

jade's also had a lot more experience with boys than i have. she's not a virgin either– hence why we thought that her deciding to have sex with grayson wouldn't be too far fetched from a decision that she'd make.