✭ chapter 60

song for chapter: still don't know my name by labrinth + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

-prom (part 1)-

as soon as we walked in through the doors, it felt as if i were in a dream.

the decorations were beautiful, showcasing the starry night theme in an even better way than i could have ever possibly envisioned it.

my eyes immediately are drawn towards the large projected screen with pictures and videos of students sentimental memories– all school appropriate of course.

"damn," jade says from next to me, letting out a laugh, "your school really takes this shit seriously."

i nod, in awe with the beauty of the venue that our school had reserved for us, "yeah, tell me about it."

we had just came from off of the small party bus which consisted of me, jade, ethan, grayson, cameron, and jack.

it was a small group, but it's almost like it made the experience better for us. i'd rather be with my close friends than a bunch of random people in a party bus. it makes me feel anxious.

pictures were great too, all six of us met at the country club like we had planned and cameron's mom came to take professional photos of all of us.

and now, here we are, finally at prom. i can't wait for the after party either, it's definitely going to be one hell of a party- especially since the bet is still on.

"you wanna get something to drink?" ethan asks me, motioning over to the long table that had different arrays of juices, sodas, and punch.

"sure," i say with a small smile, following him over to the punch stand as jade went with grayson to go sit down at one of the circular tables with cameron and jack.

i could feel a few stares on me and i gulp, feeling a little anxious about being in this kind of scenery with ethan.

no one in the senior class knows who i am, but all of them know exactly who ethan is.

it's no secret that ethan and i are more than friends now, we made it clear the second we entered the building hand in hand.

i could hear whispers of jealous girls, some saying, "who is that?" or "wasn't she in that twitter video that got passed around?"

i wasn't going to let it bother me though, because it's none of their business. i'm sick and tired of keeping ethan and i a secret, and tonight's the night we don't have to pretend anymore.

ethan grabs two cups and looks over to me with a playful smirk, "alright, lets see," he says pointing over to the selection of drinks, "we have fireball, whiskey, hennessy," he says in a joking tone as i roll my eyes and lightly shove him with a laugh spilling from out of my mouth.

"shut up," i say teasingly, "but i'll just take some punch," i say with a small smile as he nods, going to pour the red liquid into both of the glasses.

i watch him as he does so, infatuated with his every move, and not believing how lucky i am to be graced with someone as beautiful on the inside and out as him.

he had a black and white suit on to go with my elegant purple dress, which he made sure to compliment me in as soon as i arrived to pictures.

"you look so beautiful," were his exact words, the tone of his voice along with the look of desire on his face still fresh in my mind as if he had just said it only a few seconds ago.