✭ chapter 66 (the end.)

song for chapter: die alone by finneas + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

-three months later-

i look out the car window and let out a stress filled sigh, not believing that this day is finally here.

ethan grips onto my hand, "hey," he says, giving me a small squeeze, and i turn to look at him, "it's gonna be okay."

i give him a weak smile and nod, knowing deep down inside that he's right.

i'm just not ready to let go of him yet. i wish he could be a few years younger, or maybe that i could be a few years older.

i'm going into only my sophomore year of high school, and here's ethan, going off to his freshman year of college.

him and grayson have always planned on going to ucla, and i always knew that eventually this day would come.

cameron and jack are still living back home to attend a community college, but they too plan on transferring over to ucla after getting their first year of their basics.

although grayson and ethan live fairly close to the university, their parents have always discussed that they want them to live on campus and in a dorm room together due to them always being gone for business trips and not being able to support them like they should anyways.

it's going to be hard that ethan won't be here and won't be able to see me every day like usual, but i also don't want to be any kind of distraction towards him either.

i want him to succeed in college and not have to prioritize me over his own future and education.

"here we are!" lisa says in the passenger seat with shawn turning the wheel in the drivers seat, pulling into the parking lot of their correct dorm building.

"is it too late to turn back around?" cameron says, still managing to make me laugh during a time like this.

"no, son, i'm afraid it's not," sean says with a small chuckle, referring to cameron as his own son because of how close they are.

i mean, jack and cameron have practically grown up with the dolan family. they've all know each other for forever.

we took two car trips here because of space, and in this car it was me, ethan, cameron, sean, and lisa, along with all of ethan's stuff packed for him to move into his shared dorm room.

grayson drove his own car up here with jade and jack, along with all of his stuff packed up in his car as well.

both of the boys aren't bringing their cars to live on campus since it's not exactly needed, so lisa's going to drive grayson's car back home with half of us in the car with her.

we all woke up bright and early to get here as soon as students could start checking into their rooms, which started at eight a.m. to be exact.

lisa had instructed that she wanted us to arrive early because of how packed it usually is, and somehow we all managed to get up on time.

i looked out the window to see the rest of the students carrying their loads of boxes from out of their cars as sean circles around the parking lot to find grayson's car which had already beat us here.

once seeing grayson's b&w, sean pulls into the parking spot directly next to him and double honks his horn to get his son's attention.