✭ chapter 32

song for chapter: all we do by oh wonder + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

i roll my eyes, clearly annoyed, "literally nothing is going on between alex and i. we had a project together. i don't have feelings for him," i pause and rest my elbow up against the window and lean my head into my hand, "i don't know how he feels about me. i went over to his house today to finish the project and he," i sigh, not knowing how to word it.

"what she's trying to say is that she doesn't fucking like him. he tried making a move on her today and she rejected him," i hear jade say assertively in the backseat.

grayson raises an eyebrow, shocked that jade had something to say, but also impressed that she had the confidence to approach the conversation as she did.

i nod my head agreeing with jade's statement, "yep, pretty much."

grayson nods his head slowly, processing this new information. after a few minutes of silence, i look over to see grayson's tongue poking the inside of his cheek as he thinks to himself. he then clenches his jaw as he keeps his eyes focused on the road ahead of us, "ethan thinks you have an interest in alex."

i shake my head and throw my hand up into the air as if i'm annoyed and reply plainly, "well, i don't."

grayson nods and presses on the brake while slowly pulling into the parking lot of an old pizza parlor. dave's pizzeria.

jade speaks up from the back, "uh, what are we doing at a pizza place?"

grayson shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly, "just a place to chill and talk, i don't know."

i squint my eyes and nod my head slowly, watching him put the car in park and turn off the ignition. we all take off our seatbelts and get out of his car, ready to walk inside the parlor.

it's fairly empty here, only a few cars are in the parking lot. i start to walk towards the entrance with jade and grayson behind me.

i open the door and hear the bell ring, signaling a customer has entered. i walk over to a booth on the far right side of the pizzeria, scooting onto the cushiony bench.

jade joins my side of the booth and grayson sits on the opposite side of us, facing the doorway.

soon, a cheerful middle aged lady approaches us, "hi! welcome to dave's pizzeria, what can i get y'all today?"

grayson clears his throat, "three slices of pepperoni, that's all."

the waitress nods, writing the order down onto her notepad, "we'll have that out in just a second," she says in a polite tone.

grayson nods and gives her a light smile before looking back to me, giving me a stern look.

i feel my heart stop out of fear from his sharp eyes laying on me, "what?"

he places both of his elbows on the table, his hands holding onto both of his cheeks as he lets out a breath.

"have you seen the video?"

i squint my eyes, clearly oblivious to the video he's suddenly referring to.

"what video?"

he groans, closing his eyes, "i was hoping you wouldn't say that."

jade looks at me, her face showing just as much confusion and curiosity as mine.

"well, what is it?" i say in a strong tone, wanting him to show me whatever he's talking about.

he sighs and grabs his phone from out of his pocket. he unlocks his phone and the more i wait for the video the more nervous i get.