Fear (Hank x fem!reader)

Request: I see you have one Hank on your to-do list so how bout another! How about Hank and the reader are already in a relationship but the reader treats Connor like a son way before Hank does? -anon

A/N: This oneshot's timeline is placed at the time of the game. After Eden Club mission, except Hank hasn't accepted Connor yet. //edit: I browsed these old imagines and have accidentally made the reader female though it wasn't requested, sorry about that.

Warnings: Mild spoilers, a little twist on the plot (because I'm too soft c: + it seemed fitting). And Hank's still a synonym for swearing.

Word count: 800

***

Your sweet boyfriend Hank was grumbling as you brushed Connor's hair, he was sitting on the floor in front of you and you brushed his hair. Connor didn't quite understand why you wanted to brush his hair, because he didn't need it, his hair was always perfect. But you still wanted to do it, as you saw Connor as your son. So innocent and sweet and he had so much to learn from this world. He was a machine, yes. At least for now. You could tell Hank didn't like it, that you had grown to like Connor and treated him as... a human.

"Thank you, miss L/N." Connor said as you finished brushing his hair.

"Connor, we've talked about this. Call me Y/N." you smiled at him as he frowned.

"I am designed to be polite and always call humans by their last name." Connor said and you pet his hair lightly.

"For me, it would be polite if you called me Y/N. We're friends, right? Friends don't call each other by their last names. Or should I call you "that android sent by Cyberlife"?" you asked and chuckled a bit, as Connor tilted his head in confusion.

"I don't have the last name."

"But that could be your last name. Every time you introduce yourself to somebody, you say you're the android sent by Cyberlife. Just as I introduce myself that "Hello, I'm Y/N. Y/N L/N." you explained and Connor's LED blinked yellow for a bit, meaning he was processing the information.

"I think you may be right." he then said, and you smiled, patting his shoulder.

"Of course I'm right, son." you said and heard Hank huff and stand up from the table.

"Y/N. Would you come to the fucking bedroom for a moment...?" he mumbled, a hint of anger in his voice and then he marched to the bedroom and you could swear you felt the floor rumble from his steps.

"Okay... I'll be right back, Connor." you said and stood up.

"Is Lieutenant Anderson alright?" Connor asked, and you glanced at him.

"Physically, yes, don't worry about it. There's just something... else. Wait here." you said and made your way to the bedroom. Hank was pacing around your bedroom and you frowned at him. "What's wrong, Hank?" he stopped the pacing and glared at you.

"You fucking know what's wrong. That... thing is just a fucking-plastic-toy. It can't feel things. I'm forced to fucking work with him and..." he looked frustrated and you blinked.

"He's a living being. He's not a machine. Or yes, he is but not for long. He has shown mercy... he didn't kill those two Tracis." you said, and Hank sat down on the bed.

"But he left me fucking clinging on the edge of that roof and still let that deviant escape, I saw how it climbed to another roof and Connor just stood there as he was frozen in place! He doesn't see humans as living beings, so why the fuck should we see him as such?"

"He told me his concern on that he's becoming a deviant. He chased that deviant, but after he had jumped down from the roof, he stopped. He wanted to go back and save you, but you came running behind and he didn't have time for that. And he saw the deviant climbing the pipes and disappear. And he knew he had failed two missions, one of the order and... one of his own. He told me he has had been wanting to be your friend. And that scares him, because it's not part of his protocol. He doesn't want to become a deviant, but it seems likely. He fears death, Hank. He fears that he will be destroyed. Fears, Hank. I don't know if he's aware that fear is a human emotion. Or that he knows that feeling is fear. And that is why I want to treat him good. So I could show him the affection isn't a bad thing. That maybe he'll not fear of becoming a deviant. We could... protect him. He could be good for you, I know that... you still haven't got over from Cole. I know it's hard but... Connor could help you get over him. Give him a chance. Please?" you ended your monologue and swallowed, as Hank looked at you like you were crazy. Then he sighed.

"Alright... I'll give him a chance. For you." he muttered, and you wrapped your arms around him.

"I love you, my big, old, grumpy huggy bear." you smiled a bit and received a small smile as a response.

"I love you too." he said as he sealed your lips with his. "Now, let's talk to that boy. He's got a lot to learn."

You chuckled. "I agree."