Chapter 4

Remember to vote loves ❤️

Betty POV:

I wake up and turn over so I was facing the clock. I slowly open my eyes to the bright light shining through my curtains. I flicker my eyes towards the clock and it reads 7:58 am, why is it so early. I have a lot on my plate today so I have no time for my much needed rest.

I drag my body up from out of my warm and comfy bed to the crisp cold morning air. Goosebumps spread across my body.

I change out of my pyjamas and Sweet Pea's jumper into a pair of jeans and a crop top. I pull my Serpents jacket off a coat hanger and put my arms through it.

I walk downstairs to my father sitting at the table reading a newspaper, like he did most mornings. I greet him with a kiss on his cheek and he smiles at me.

I sit opposite him where he had made me some breakfast. He puts his paper down and engages in conversation with me. I really have no idea on how I'm suppose to bring up the topic that his girlfriend is a psycho.

Hal: morning darling. Janice would like to talk to you. I give him a confused look.

Why would she want to talk to me, let alone talk to me without my father being present.

Betty: why? I say suspiciously.
Hal: I'm not sure but I think it would be a great opportunity for you to get to know her a little more. He says with a smile. I smile back pretending that I'm okay with this.

I decided I'm not going to tell him the information I know because I might be able to dissect this lady more if I visit her today. I need to know every little detail about her before I strike.

Betty: well I'd love to see her. When I'm finished breakfast I can go. I say with a pleasant smile which completely fooled him. He nods his head and we go back to making light conversation.

I soon finished up breakfast and dad texted me the directions to her house.

I was suppose to spend the day with Sweet Pea so I'm trying to make this trip as quick as possible but also making sure I get all the evidence I need. I need to look out for my father.

I get on my bike and follow the directions to her house. When I arrive I noticed the beautiful tress and flowers she had outside of her home. She probably has all this money from all the divorces she had.

There is no way I'm letting them get anywhere close to marriage because I can almost count on it, she will take everything my dad owns.

I knock at the door and she greets me with a smile that could make a solider cower in fear. I take a seat and get straight to business. I'm far to late to waist time with this witch.

Betty: my father said you wanted to see me. I say strongly while raising an eyebrow.
Janice: yes. You're a smart girl, too smart. I don't want you getting in the way of me and Hal. He's mine and I'm going to do what I want with him. I'm going to become the Serpents queen and when I do you will be totally out of the picture. She says with a dry cackle.

I can't believe what I was listening too, also the fact that she thinks she could get away with it. For such a dramatic change to occur both Hal and Fp would have to agree with it. I know in my dads current state he will definitely be all in for her becoming the queen but Fp would know better.

Betty: my father isn't dumb, you'll never convince him. I say while standing up roughly. Who does she think she is?
Janice: that's were you're wrong. I already have him wrapped around my finger. It's not long until you'll be gone and I'll be in. She says with a smug smile.