Chapter 39

Grab a snack, it's a long chapter.
Please Vote!

Betty POV:

I am woken up at 1 am by Jughead, picking me up. I already knew he was taking me back to where the girls and I were yesterday. As he picked me up I wrap my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder. I also wrap my legs around him so I could make it easier for him.

Jughead: morning. He whispered.
Betty: mh. I mumbled in reply.

He takes us to the downstairs area where I could hear all the girls whispering to each other. Jughead takes us over to their direction and gently places me on the floor. He sat down with his legs out and I rested my head on his lap, he gently stroked my hair.

Betty: we should really do this whole conversation thing at a normal time. I say making them giggle.

Jessica: anyway, what's going on with you and Cameron? She asked with a smirk. All the other girls give me goofy looks.
Betty: nothing and it will remain that way. He's just a friend. I say to them. They give me skeptical looks.
Chloe: yeah, mh, okay sweetie. She says making all the girls laugh.

I'm still half asleep and nothing is funny when you want to sleep. This is probably how Jughead feels when I wake him up.

Betty: guys, you've been trying to set me and Cameron up since we first started talking. I don't like him in that way. I love Sweet Pea. I say to them. They all gush, apart from Jughead, over my dedication to Sweet Pea.

They thankfully let me go to bed. Jughead picked me up and I go into the same position as when he was carrying me earlier. He places me on my bed and puts me under the blankets. I instantly fall asleep.

Tuesday - Saturday

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. There was thankfully no more midnight conversations but that didn't stop them from trying to get me and Cameron together. I think even he noticed that the girls were up to something.

Any time me and Cameron were together the girls would always give me winks and he's caught them a couple times. He hasn't said anything to me yet but I have a feeling he'll mention it soon.

Jughead has been no better. He agrees with the girls. It's so weird that he feels so comfortable about telling me to sleep with a person, he's my brother, or half brother, you get the point. It's just not something I'm use to talking about.

It was unfortunately Saturday and that meant Jughead had to leave. I'm pretty sure he's happy to leave though. This has been his personal hell. I had warned him though.

Apparently when I told him that we actually had to do stuff and wake up early he didn't comprehend that I was telling the true. It's been a rough week for him. It's been hilarious for me.

I loved watching him having to wake up at 5 am and actually having to get up. I think the only times I saw him happy was when he was annoying me about Cameron or eating food, he couldn't stop complementing the chiefs here.

I was standing just outside of the lobby. Jughead has his stuff and I was leaning against his bike.

Betty: I'm gonna miss you idiot. I say while embracing him in a hug.
Jughead: I'd miss me too. He says with a smirk as we pull out of the embrace. I roll my eyes

Jughead: don't do anything stupid. Remember when you and Cameron get together, be safe. He says with a wink. I punch him in the arm.

Why is he doing this to me? He knows how awkward this makes me feel. Through the pain of my punch he lets out a laugh.