Chapter 56

I hope you all enjoy this chapter ❤️

Betty POV:

It's been about a week after Sweet Pea's been shot and this is the first day I'm letting him walk around the house. I worry about his health so I made sure that if he ever left the bed, it was for a good reason.

Jayden has been locked in our prison for a week now. I've wanted to go there and kill him myself but I've also needed, or more wanted, to be here with Sweet Pea at all times.

I woke up on this beautiful Thursday morning in Sweet Pea's arms. As his abdomen slowly got better I started getting closer to him each night, until I got to where I am now, completely wrapped in his arms.

Sweet Pea: morning bub. He says to me while placing a kiss on my neck. He slowly unwrapped one of his arms from around me and moved it to my stomach, a small smile formed on my face.
Betty: morning baby. I say while gently caressing a side of his face.
Sweet Pea: how are you feeling? Any morning sickness? He asked protectively. I smile and place a kiss on his cheek.
Betty: I feel fine, thank you. I say with a smile. He smiles in return.

We started getting up and as I was about to stand up Sweet Pea immediately helped me up. I love how soft he's become over the years. I'm not even showing yet and he's so committed to helping me.

Betty: you know I can still do this basic stuff. I say to him while embracing him in a soft hug.

He looks down at me and placed multiple soft kisses on my head. A small smile formed on my face.

Sweet Pea: I want to be there and look after you in every single way I can. He says sentimentally.
Betty: you're going be the most amazing father. I say to him as I hug him a little tighter and rest the side of my face on his chest.
Sweet Pea: you're going to be the best mum. He whispered.

We soon leant out of the embrace and we got changed. Today is the first day that Sweet Pea is going back to work, it's really only going to be a half day though. Today we'll have to catch up on a little paperwork and I'll be killing Jayden. We're in a safe environment and there's no way I could get hurt.

We sat at the table as we ate our breakfast.

Sweet Pea: are you sure you want to go to the Wyrm? I'd prefer if you were home, it's much safer here. He says with worry. I take his hand in mine and lace our fingers together.
Betty: I promise I will be safe at the Wyrm, you can watch me like a hawk if you want.

There is no way I'm not going to the Wyrm. I've been waiting to kill Jayden for an entire week now, I am so ready to shoot this asshole and actually finish a job he tried to start.

I can't believe he was dumb enough to try and kill Sweet Pea. Jayden was never good at hiding, no matter what he always got caught. I guess some people never change.

Sweet Pea: oh don't worry, I was already planning of never letting you out of my sight. He says while squeezing our connected hands.

After breakfast we headed to the Wyrm and just like he said, he wasn't ever going to let me leave his sight.

We walked into the bar, hand in hand. We walked up to our office and took a seat in our chairs. Sweet Pea and I sat a lot closer then we usually do. I wish he didn't have to be so worried about me, but then again I completely understand why he would be, if I was in his shoes I definitely would be too. I know I'm carrying a child but in order to protect this child I need to kill Jayden. Trying to kill Sweet Pea would only be the first step in some crazy operation he was planning. Next he would go for me, and if he knew about the baby, he would target the baby.