Chapter 21

Please vote 🗳
Don't ask why I used that emoji 😂

Betty POV:

As I was reading the message, I heard someone say my name and sit opposite me.

Betty: what do you want? I ask him. He only smirks.
Malachi: nothing. You haven't got your jacket. He says.
Betty: great observation. I say sarcastically.
Malachi: you should join the Ghoulies. He says with a smirk while brushing his hand through his hair.
Betty: second time this week I've been asked. I say with a chuckle.
Malachi: Penny? He asked.

I guess he must know about Penny and I being related. He also must have known about Penny and Martin's plans for my father.

Betty: Martin actually. I say while taking the last sip of my milkshake
Malachi: speaking of him he wanted me to give this to you. He says while pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket. I opened it up and realized that it was Martin's number.

Malachi: anyway, I'm heading out. Think about joining the Ghoulies, we'd have your back. He says while leaving the diner.

Just as he left Moose walks in. He must have seen Malachi walk away from my table as he walked up to my table and took a seat opposite me.

Moose: what did he want? He asked.

All the North Siders stand by the Serpents side as they know the Ghoulies are dangerous, unlike the Serpents.

Betty: he was just being his normal self, annoying me and asking if I wanted to join the Ghoulies. I say casually. His eyes widened.
Moose: you're not going to join them, right? He asked.
Betty: of course not. I tell him.

We chat for a while longer about more easier going topics. We had been there for about an hour when he invited me to stay over at his house. I really didn't want to return home so I agreed.

I pick up my phone and walk outside to my bike with him. He looked at my bike and I could tell he was afraid. I only smirk. I chuck him a helmet and he instantly puts it on as tight as he could. I laugh.

Betty: scared? I ask with a smirk.
Moose: n-no. He stutters out unconvincingly. I laugh.
Betty: I promise I've only crashed 20 times. I say while playing with him. His jaw dropped and as the sun began to set his face went pale.
Betty: I'm kidding. I say as he gets on behind me. I could hear him breathe out a breath of relief.

I reved the engine and just before I put my foot on the pedal I mutter out one last sentence. "I've crashed 21 times, and counting". His grip around my waist tightening as we speed off in the direction of his home.

As I was following the directions he sent me, everything looked somewhat familiar. I'm not sure how or why but it felt like I had been here before. The thought was impossible though. Although my mum was a North Sider she had officially moved to the South Side a few years before I was born.

I continued to take in the sights around me, little things stood out, like a football field. I have no idea why that would have any significant to me.

I go down the narrow roads as we finally arrive at his house.

We both hop off my bike and I could see the relief on his face. He got down onto his knees and kissed the ground. I laugh.

He gets out his keys and unlocks the door. As we walk in, a oddly familiar looking woman greeted us. As soon as she saw me she had a shocked look on her face. It definitely has nothing to do with the Serpents since I didn't have my jacket. Maybe she knew who I was.

Tania: oh my gosh, Betty, darling is that you? She says while holding my hands. I give her a soft smile.
Betty: uh- yeah. I'm sorry, you look familiar but I don't know why. I say with confusion written all over my face.