Chapter 35

Please Vote! 😱

Betty POV:

After Sweet Pea had yelled at me, saying that we're over, I went straight home and called my dad, saying that I needed to talk to him and that it's extremely important.

As I waited for him to arrive I took of my Serpents jacket and took out my gun. I place them both onto the kitchen table.

A few minutes later my dad arrived home, he looked worried. I was sitting at the kitchen table so he took a seat opposite me.

Betty: I need to tell you a couple things. I say to him.
Hal: okay, I also need to tell you something. You go first. He says softly.
Betty: okay. Firstly I want to stay at grandmas for 2 weeks. I say to him. He gave me a confused look, he was confused as to why I'd call him home now for something so pointless.
Hal: okay, sure. He says suspiciously.
Betty: and I don't want to be the Serpents Princess anymore. I say to him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped.
Hal: so you just want to be a normal Serpent? He says with confusion written all over his face.
Betty: no... I sigh.
Betty: I'm done with the Serpents. I don't want to have anything to do with it anymore. I say while holding my composure.
Hal: may I ask why? He asked calmly.

I'm so glad my father isn't mad at me. When I first joined, my father pulled me aside and told me if I ever wanted out he would totally respect my decision and support what ever I choose to do. Being the Serpents Princess, soon to be Queen is a life long responsibility I use to want with all my heart but now it's something I don't want anymore, not with him.

Betty: it's not what I want to do anymore. I say while looking into his eyes.
Hal: if this is what you want I support you. He says with complete honesty.
Betty: thank you. What did you want to tell me? I ask him.

My fathers nervousness suddenly all came back to him.

Hal: I've been wanting to give this to you since your 18th birthday. Everything has been so hectic and I never got the chance. He says while pulling out a sealed letter form his pocket and placing it on the table in front of me.
Betty: a letter? I ask him with a chuckle. He doesn't laugh.
Hal: it's a letter from your mother. He says while not meeting my glance. I turn my head from my father down to the envelope I was holding in my hands.

Betty: w-what? I asked.
Hal: a few months before she passed away she wrote a letter to you and wanted me to give it to you when you turned 18. He says.

He walked over to my side of the table and embraced me in a tight hug. The thought of opening this letter made tears spill from my eyes. What could she have said? What if she said stuff she wanted me to be and I hadn't become that? What if- I was cut off by my father.

Hal: shhh, darling. Take your time to open it. You don't need to until you're ready. He says softly while rubbing his hand over my back.

He holds me in his arms until I had calmed down.

I walked up to my room while he headed back to the Wyrm.

I wonder what's in the letter? I so desperately wanted to open it but I just couldn't. Something was stopping me.

Hal POV:

After hearing Betty say she wants to leave the Serpents I was in shock. Of course I respect her decision to leave but her saying that this isn't what she wants to do anymore is a complete lie.

I know the way she admires these people as if they're her own flesh and blood. It makes no sense as why she'd want to leave.

I arrive at the Wyrm with Betty's jacket and gun in my hand. I walk up to my office with Fp and walk through the door. As soon as he sees me walk in he makes sure to check up on Betty.