Chapter 17

Please vote!

Betty POV:

We finally arrive and I meet my dad in the office.

Sweet Pea wraps his arm around me and I prepared myself for what my father was going to say.

Hal: the person who killed Daniel is Colby. My jaw drops.
Betty: the Colby who abandoned the Serpents, went to the Ghoulies and abandoned them as well, god knows what he's doing now. I say to my father. He nods his head.
Betty: I want him dead. I say bluntly.
Hal: we're doing everything we can to find him darling. I promise he won't get away with this. He says. I nod my head and walk out with Sweet Pea.

We walk outside and I lean against his bike. I just needed to take a deep breath.

Colby has hurt me physically and emotionally.

What he did to me as a child haunts me to this day. I want him to die, suffer for everything he did to me. I'm going to make his death as long and as painful as I possibly can. He isn't getting away with anything anymore. This horrible secret I keep to myself, no one knows and no one will.

Sweet Pea: you okay? He asked while brushing his hand through his hair.
Betty: yeah, it's just a lot to take in. I say while looking up to meet his eyes. He nods his head. He pulls my hands into his.
Sweet Pea: do you want me to stay with you tonight? He asked softly. I give him a soft smile.
Betty: I'll be okay. I say to him.
Sweet Pea: if you need anything call, okay? He asked. I nod my head and pull him into a hug.

I rest my head on his chest and feel as his chest rises and falls.

He takes me home and I walk inside. No one was home and I felt alone. It was a type of alone I couldn't describe. I usually love being alone but there's times were everything is just to quiet.

I walked around my house trying to find something to distract me. After walking around the house multiple times I find nothing. I walk to the couch and lie down. I look up at the ceiling and try to think of something to focus on. Nothing came to mind.

I was getting bored again so I got up and began walking to my room. As I was walking I remember my dad telling me we kept old pictures in the attic. I head up and search through all the old box's. I find mountains of random junk.

I finally found a box of photo albums. I drag them out of the corner. As I was doing that there was one small photo album that looked like someone was trying to hide it but failed.

I pick it up and take a seat on the floor. I open up the first page of images and it's of me and my mum. I couldn't help but smile. I was upside down on the couch and she was tickling me. We both had the biggest smiles on our faces. It was amazing how alike we look. The same blond hair, green eyes.

I flip to the next page and I was next to a guy that was probably the same age as me. He had the name Alex listed under the picture. I have no idea who this guy is, I'm not surprised though, the oldest I could've been was 2 years old, as my mother was in the background.

I turn the page again and what shocked me was that there was a picture of me and Penny Peabody, together. All happy and smiles. This made no sense. She obviously looked younger but it was clear as day that it was her.

Penny has been a big threat to the Serpents for as long as I can remember. This photo made no sense. She was holding me in the air, she had a smile on her face and it was clear I was laughing. I flip the page again and this time there was one of me sleeping on her. I flip again, it was me, Penny and that Alex guy all pulling faces.

I quickly close the book and put it to the side. I rest my head in my hands and try to breath.

I can't think of any possible reason for why Penny and I would be happy together. There were multiple pictures of us looking happy, my mum was even in some of them. I could feel a tear roll town my cheek. I quickly wipe it away.