Chapter 54

Betty POV:

( time skip one month )

I woke up Wednesday morning instantly feeling like I needed to throw up. I ran out of bed and into the bathroom. My head hovers over the toilet as I throw up into the bowl. I felt Sweet Pea hold my hair back. Although I felt absolutely terrible his simple gesture made me feel warm on the inside.

I finished throwing up and I flushed the toilet. I was about to walk back into our room when Sweet Pea gently scooped me up in his arms. I rested my head on his chest as he walks us back to our room. He puts me down onto our bed and sits next to me.

Sweet Pea: how are you feeling? He asked.
Betty: not really well. I mumbled. He gives me a sorry look.

Sweet Pea: do you want anything to eat? He asked. I shake my head.

He layed back down with me for a while and we stayed in a comfortable silence.

Sweet Pea: baby, do you want me to stay home with you today? Because there's no way you're going to work. He says protectively.
Betty: I'll be fine, you go to the Wyrm. He nods his head and placed a kiss on my forehead.

He got up out of bed and got changed. I watched him from my lying position. He saw me watching and gave me a soft smile.

Sweet Pea: I'll call you through out the day, okay? I nod my head. He placed a soft kiss on my lips.
Sweet Pea: bye Princess, I love you. He says.
Betty: I love you too baby. I say as he walks out.

For the rest of the day I lounged around. There was nothing for me to do when Sweet Pea isn't with me. This house is so big yet I just stayed on the couch while I watched terrible day time tv.

Business at the Serpents has been doing well and we've heard nothing from Jayden. He's thankfully taken the message.

I laze around on the couch, waiting for Sweet Pea to call like he had said. I know he only left two hours ago but I'm bored without him, I don't know what to do. I feel like majority of my life has been spend with him, creating the most perfect memories.

I remember when I was younger, I would make him have tea parties with me and he could only address me as a Princess. Basically what I want him to do now, without the tea party, our lives are so far from tea parties. I let out a small chuckle. Nothing's changed, he's still my best friend but now I get the honour of him being my husband.

Throughout my life, a lot of stuff hasn't gone the best for me, but having him by my side, everything felt good. He was the constant in my life that I could always trust and count on. When I was younger I always knew I could trust him, I'd trust him with my most important secrets, now thinking back about the secrets they were so silly.

I had been laying on the couch for what felt like days but had only been two and a half hours, when Sweet Pea finally called me. I never realised I was this needy.

( Sweet Pea and Betty on the phone )

Sweet Pea: hey baby girl. He says softly.
Betty: hey Pea.
Sweet Pea: how are you feeling? He asked with concern lacing his voice.
Betty: well I don't feel like I need to throw up anymore, but I feel nauseous. I whine.
Sweet Pea: do you want me to come home? He asked. Yes, I really do. I thought to myself.
Betty: I would love that, but you can't. I say with a sigh.
Sweet Pea: okay, I'l call you later? He asked.
Betty: I'll be waiting. I say and he laughs.
Sweet Pea: I love you Princess. He says to me.
Betty: I love you too baby. I say to him.

( end of call )

That call was the best 5 minutes of my day. Now what am I supposed to do? I really wish I could have asked him to stay but he has work to do.