Chapter 9

Remember to Vote!

Betty POV:

I wake up in the same position I had fallen asleep in. I couldn't help but smile.

He has always put me before anyone else, including himself. I can't help but worry though, he could get hurt and it would be all my fault.

I know he wants to protect me but he doesn't understand how scared that makes me. He would do anything to protect me and majority of the time it's reckless. He doesn't think before he acts and every time I think about him doing something to hurt himself I want to cry. I don't want him hurt. He can't get hurt.

I try to forget the conversation we had yesterday and enjoy today, our fifth anniversary, or our 13th according to Toni.

I place little kisses on his neck until he woke up and cuddled up closer to me. I smile into the side of him.

Sweet Pea: morning babe, happy anniversary. He says sweetly.
Betty: happy anniversary. I love you. I say softly.
Sweet Pea: I love you more. He says.

We both get up and changed into new clothes.

We walk downstairs and eat breakfast with Jellybean. I guess we were acting a little too lovey dovey for her liking as she kept groaning at the pair of us.

Jellybean: it's to early for you guys to be making out. I giggle at her remark while Sweet Pea rolls his eyes at her.

We soon finish up breakfast and head to school, hands interlocked and stealing kisses from one another. I don't know how I got so lucky to have this man in my life but I'll cherish every moment I have with him.

We arrive at school and hear three squealing people. I turn around and see none other than the three musketeers, Toni, Fangs and Veronica. I laugh at them. Joey was trailing on behind them.

Joey really likes me and Sweet Pea together but he manages to contain himself, unlike the others.

Fangs: it's your guys 5th anniversary. He says excitedly.
Toni: 13th. She mumbled.
Veronica: you guys are so cute. She squeals.
Betty: you guys are insane. I say with a giggle

We walk to my locker. I open up my locker and a punch of ring pops fall out of my locker.

They all know the story of how Sweet Pea proposed to me with a ring pop. They also know that the only ring pop flavour I like is the blue one. They always put in one blue and somehow Sweet Pea always finds it before me, he gives it to me though.

Betty: I regret telling you guys my locker combination. You guys have been doing this for the past 3 years, will you guys ever stop. I say with a chuckle.
Joey: never. He says with a smirk.

The bell rang and Veronica and I walked to class. We took a seat at the back with Kevin beside us.

We were in the science lab, the three of us working together. We were mixing all different types of chemicals.

I picked up two highly flammable chemicals and looked at the two North Siders.

Betty: I wonder what would happen if I mixed them together. I say with a mishevious grin.
Kevin: B. He says while raising an eyebrow.
Betty: I won't, don't worry, I won't do what the North Siders did.

All the North Siders in the room turn and stare at me, I may have said that a little to loudly.

Betty: whoops? I announced to the class. They all go back to their work while I laugh.

The lesson continued on quickly with all the laughing the three of us were doing.

The rest of the day was spent pretty quiet and not to much drama had occurred. All the people in our friend group were gushing over Sweet Pea and I, the usual basically.