Chapter 16

Vote for all the tea 🍵

Betty POV:

I woke up Saturday morning to Sam licking my face. I open my eyes and Sam stopped licking. I smile and sit up with my legs crossed. He gets up and sits in my lap. I giggle at the dog that has already attached himself onto me.

I pat him for a little while until I decided to get up. I couldn't wait for today. It's Jellybean's birthday today.

She decided she wanted to just have a small party with her family and mine and tomorrow she would have a sleepover with her school friends.

I changed into some lazy clothes as there was still 5 hours until her party.

I got her a present that I know she'll love.

Ever since she was young she has been obsessed with everything Justin Bieber. She loves his music and absolutely adores him. I remember her telling me a few months ago that he was releasing a perfume called Justin Biebers Girlfriend. Weird name if you ask me. Anyway, I knew she really wanted it, so I decided this would be the perfect present for her.

I had already received this a month ago and I had been waiting impatiently for her birthday since. I can't wait to see her reaction, she's like a little sister to me. I absolutely adore her, that's why I probably spoil her with gifts all the time.

I pick up Sam and we walk downstairs together. As I was walking down the stairs Jughead was also getting up. It was about 9 am. I'm surprised he's already up.

Both our parents tell us good morning. Jughead takes a seat at the table while I get out some dog food for Sam. I put the bowl in the corner of the room and Sam immediately runs to the bowl. I couldn't help but smile, while he attempted to run he was slipping and sliding everywhere. He isn't use to the tiles yet.

I sit opposite my dad where breakfast had already been made for me. We had all been chatting for a few minutes when Sam had made his way over to my chair. He looked at me and started to whine, he wanted me to hold him. I smile and pick up my baby and hold him in one arm while I eat my food.

We had all finished our breakfast and we were all talking. Jughead finally decided that he was going to interact with the dog. He moved his hand towards the dog to pat him, but Sam instantly started growling at Jughead. Everyone instantly looks at Sam. What the hell just happened.

Gladys goes to try and pat him and he lets her. Jughead's jaw drops and I laugh.

Betty: see Juggie. This is what happens when you keep saying bad things about dogs. I say while facing him.
Jughead: how can he already hate me?
Jughead: should put him in the pound. He mumbled and this time it was my turn for my jaw to drop.
Betty: you hurt him I hurt you. I say with seriousness in my voice. My dad and Gladys laugh at me. My dad knows I'm serious though.

We all moved into the lounge and continued to chat and mess around.

After my mum died I never though I would have this again, a family. I always thought my dad would stay single and continue to look after me. I'm happy that he found Gladys though.

There was about 1 hour until we had to leave so I went up to my room and started getting ready.

The party was suppose to be layed back and casual. I walk to my draw and pick out a yellow crop top and a pair of high waisted, blue washed jeans.

I put on a pair of my earrings and walk into my bathroom. I get out my straightener and plug it into the wall. I flick the switch and wait for the iron to heat up. It had warmed up in under a minute so I began straightening my hair.