Chapter 34

Please Vote! I'm sorry if I make y'all mad and sad during this chapter :(

Betty POV:

I woke up at 4:30 am and I was struggling to get back to sleep. I open my eyes again and it was 4:37 am. I close them and soon open them up again, it was 4:53 am. I decided to give up on sleep and get ready for school. I know Sweet Pea would rather me stay home, and him watching over me like a hawk but I don't have time to waist with feeling pity on myself.

A couple days ago my grandma messaged me, asking me if I'd like to spend a week with her. She lives at this lodge, it's basically a farm.

She has a beautiful large block of land where she has, chickens, horses, lambs, farm dogs and many other typical farm animals. There's even a horse I claim as mine, well mine and this other guys. His name is Cameron. Cameron has been working there since he was 16. His family kicked him out because he had a passion for animals, he wants to be a veterinarian, his parents wanted him to take over the family plumbing service they owned.

It's so sad how two grown adults couldn't understand that he had a passion to look after animals and they completely disregarded it.

Me and Cameron have been friends since i first met him, well nearly. We're the same age. I've been coming here since I was 10. I try to go for at least a week per year. I wish I could come down here much more often but I have a life in Riverdale that I can't just leave when ever I want.

The first time I met Cameron was when he was out on the paddock. I saw him on my favourite horse, Opie. I felt slightly annoyed that he was riding on my horse. I mean technically he wasn't mine but I had claimed him since day one, all the other workers knew it too. So to see him on the horse I loved made me slightly jealous.

I remember exactly how the day went. I had just put my suitcases in the room I was staying in and headed outside to the furthest paddock. She has two paddocks dedicated to the horses. We kept 3 horses in one paddock and 3 in the another one. The furthest paddock was where we kept Opie.

I walked to the paddock and I noticed that someone was riding on Opie around the paddock. I felt jealousy within me bubble up. The guy noticed me watching him and rode up to the sideline, where I had been standing.

Cameron: you must me Betty. He says with a charming smile.
Betty: how'd you know? I say with a little bit of sass. He chuckles.
Cameron: your grandma told me. I'm Cameron. He says while putting out a hand for me to shake. I shake his hand.
Betty: when did you start here? I ask while getting straight to the point. He smiles.
Cameron: I joined a few months ago. How long have you been coming here? He asked as I began walking up to Opie.
Betty: I've been coming here since I was 10. I say while patting Opie firmly on his head, he loved it like that.

Cameron: he likes you. He says.

Of course Opie loved me, I had thought to myself.

Betty: he doesn't seem to mind you. I say while looking up to him with a smirk.
Cameron: you seem skeptical. He says with a smirk.
Betty: time will tell. I say to him.

We were both pulled away from our conversation by the sound of my Grandma's voice. She had a smile on her face.

Irene: I see you two have met. I'm sure you'll both be great friends. She says happily.
Cameron: I'm sure we will, won't we Betty? He says with a smirk.
Betty: I think we just might. I say while looking back to him with a smirk.

It took us a couple days to stop being so competitive with each other, but after we started being nicer to each other we actually became really good friends.