Chapter 10

Vote if you love our queen Betty!
* gets 100 votes 😂*

Betty POV:

There are so many things flooding through my mind, the most promenade thing being my fathers new girlfriend.

I saw the way Gladys made him smile so genuinely. She has the kindest soul and I could tell she wanted the best for Jughead. That's what our parents both have in common, they care about us more then themselves, they only do things if they made us happy as well as them.

They really do seem like they're in love, he gives her the look he use to give to my mother, the one he still gives to me.

My mother and father were always my biggest role models, they still are. The way they use to smile at each other, the way they would hold hands. When my mother passed away my father was a mess, I lived with Sweet Pea, his dad and mother for about a month, Jellybean hadn't been born yet. Fp and his wife had a divorce a few years ago and no longer live together. My father couldn't handle himself and I knew I reminded him of her. My father would obviously check up on me and made sure I was okay. At that age I didn't understand anything that was going on and I was just happy to spend time with Sweet Pea.

When my father gets all soft and warm hearted it's my favourite thing to see. He's so much more relaxed.

I know a part of my father will always love and adore my mother, but a certain part of him and I both know he needs to move on with his life. He can't be stuck up on her for the rest of his life. It's been 15 years of healing and grieving.

I know he will always honour her, just like I do.

I slowly pull myself out of bed and change into a fresh pair of clothes. I put a shirt and a pair of shorts with overalls over the top. I glide my feet into my black sneakers with roses stitched onto the side.

I walk downstairs and eat breakfast with my father, the whole time he had a giddy smile on his face and him knowing that I approved of her only made him happier then before. I love seeing him like this. It's like the old days.

I also might get a brother out of this, if they get married of course. Jughead and I aren't really on good terms but I'm sure we'll be able to work it out for our parents sake and who wouldn't want a sibling?

Underneath his annoying shell I pick Jughead to be a kind, caring, layed back type of guy. I guess he's just fallen into the stereotype that the North Siders have created for themselves.

If Jughead did become apart of my family he would have to adjust to a lot of changes, including the Serpents. Obviously he doesn't have to become a Serpent, I would totally understand. I mean one minute you're living a normal life the next people are literally trying to kill you.

Being apart of my family is a pretty dangerous game you have to be willing to play. Ever since I was born I've practically had people wanting to kill me.

Whilst talking to my dad I heard the doorbell ring. I haven't told Sweet Pea about Jughead yet, he's going to be in for the shock off his life.

I pick up my bag and walk out the door.

Sweet Pea: hey Princess. He says while wrapping me up into his side. The warmth of him was nice.
Betty: hey hun. I say while placing a kiss on the side of his cheek.
Sweet Pea: how was last night? He asked me while we walk to school.
Betty: lets just say it was interesting. The person he's seeing has a son that goes to our school. He forms a 'o' shape with his mouth. Just wait until he finds out who it is.
Sweet Pea: who is it? He asked intriguingly. I laugh.
Betty: I'll tell you and everyone when we get to school. I hear a small grown escape his lips. I giggle.
Betty: sorry. I say with a soft voice and pepper small kisses on his neck. He laughs and hugs me tighter.