01: Chance Encounters

**

The plane journey for you was tense and hostile, used to being watched by a bodyguard at every waking moment you close your eyes and plan.

The plane journey for Jungkook was tiring and hard, exhausted after a weekend interacting with fans he closes his eyes and recovers.

You sit between two muscled bodyguards. Your hands gripping your legs tightly the whole journey- for your own safety. You keep your body small and never draw any extra attention.

The boss always planned meticulously. There were never any loopholes in his business. You never had a second alone. Being a child it was annoying, but becoming an adult it was awkward. Changing and using the bathroom were awkward.

But Seoul's biggest Mob organisation allows for no weak links- you were toughened up quickly. Living your whole life owned by Kang Sun had made you just as tough as any bodyguard he could hire, and your skills made you even more dangerous.

So never less than three men were watching you at one time.

You sat through the plane journey plotting. You needed an escape, yes it would be difficult but you were determined. The moment the plane landed you would find a way out- you had to.

At exactly 9:27 pm two planes landed at Incheon International airport.

Jungkook grabbed his bag and prepared for the journey home, exhausted mentally and physically.

You grabbed your bag and prepared for your escape, a rough plan in your head and a harsh glint in your eyes.

Little did you know the trouble Jungkook would cause you.

**

The boys walked through airport heads down, eyes drooping. The security pooled around them. Their flight hadn't been scheduled and they had left a day earlier than planned, so the fans weren't at the airport to meet them. However, it was still completely busy, as always no matter the time.

Inside Jungkook was relieved. He loved their fans just as much as the other members, but he always overworked himself, and the journeys home were never easy.

The members always looked at him with a knowing look. He knew Jin didn't think he noticed how he grabbed an extra bag instead of Jungkook. Or how Hobi seemed to always lose his pillow which ended up next time him all flight.

He knew the members told him not to overwork, but he always did.

So he was almost sleepwalking through security and baggage claim. Not noticing when Yoongi stopped in front of him. Chest bouncing off his smaller back he looked up, momentarily awake.

'What's happening, hyung?'

'I'm not sure Jungkook,' Yoongi replied quietly. Jimin popped up next to Jungkook placing an arm around his back, giving him a soft hug.

'There's been a delay with the cars, we just need to wait here for a moment. Namjoon said they're calling security now, no need to worry.'

Jungkook looks into the distance, eyes scanning the crowds. His vision unfocused once again as he feels himself falling back into an almost complete sleep.

But something keeps him from closing his eyes completely. Call it a sense, a feeling, whatever. But in the second he keeps his eyes from closing you catch his attention completely.

You run through the crowd- frantic, jumping over bags and cases, pushing through the many people with no care. Desperation and the sweet sense of freedom push you forward.

Jungkook notices you and he can't look away. All he sees is your body in the crowd, hair streaming behind you and falling across your distressed face, he thinks you look scared.

Getting closer to him, he notices how your eyes scan the airport, never stopping. You look everywhere but at him, he knows because if he had caught your eyes he wouldn't lose a single second blinking.

Their security starts to murmur about the delay with the vehicles, and he thinks Jimin is trying to talk to him again. But he doesn't notice. All he sees is you.

So many questions run through his mind. Who are you? Why are you running? Who are you running to- or from?

And mainly, can he help you? His body seems to gravitate towards your presence. He can almost feel your fear emanating from your body and eyes. All he wants to do is protect and help you.

Reaching the waiting area now he sees you reach forward and take someone's hat. Yanking it onto your face pulling it low and stuffing your hair into your top.

He almost loses you as you melt into the mass of people in the airport.

Now he knows you're running, but from who?

**

Lungs bursting, chest heaving and palms sweaty, you crash through the airport.

Faster. Must be faster.

The crowd hinders your escape and your terror rises as the thought of being caught.

You have one chance, and in your heart, you know that if you're caught you'll never have a chance again.

So you run faster, pushing through the burning in your lungs and airways.

You push through. Jumping over cases and bags. At some point you stole someone's hat and push it low down, hiding your face and hair.

Anything to gain an edge.

But you're still too slow, painfully slow. The bodies filling the way slow you down and make you desperate.

And then you think, you realise, the crowd is your advantage, you can use it to help you escape.

You pull your jumper up and slip between the bodies.

Blending into the crowd, you begin to make your way through the airport in the sea of people.

**

The commotion started small and grew. Like how the tiniest drop in a serene lake causes the biggest ripple.

The men appeared in the distance, dressed head to toe in black suits. Jungkook watched them run towards where he is standing, and where he knows you're hiding not far from.

As the men get closer he guesses there are about eight of them, all with earpieces shouting commands at each other. They look angry and dangerous, he thinks.

They push through the crowds with no respect.

His eyes find you frozen, staring at the men getting closer with every second.

And suddenly your eyes meet. For a second he can't move, captured by your fierce gaze. He goes to take a step forward. Not noticing the members looking at him now.

The shouting is getting louder as the men continue to force there was through the crowds, ripping off women's masks and hoods to see their faces. They're searching. And Jungkook knows what for.

The security stand around Jungkook and the members, unsure what is happening but protecting them as always.

He pays no attention. Only caring about you. A rabbit trapped in the forest as the wolves gain speed.

**