17: Your Embrace

**

Returning home late after a long afternoon all Jungkook could focus on was you.

After Jimin had finally entered the van after speaking to you alone Jungkook had been burning with questions, but Jimin sat at the back next to Tae and clearly sent a 'Do Not Ask' vibe Jungkook's way, frustrated the maknae had spent the whole day anxious about you, about Jimin, about both of you together.

God, he realised how much he wanted this to work. Seeing you last night had lit a fire in his stomach which only you could put out.

He needed you.

**

Pushing through the hall straight into his room Jungkook's breathing immediately calms and his fists unclench at the sight in front of him.

You. Curled up on the floor. A few blankets were strewn over you and wrapped up around you, like a nest of sorts. Fist gripping a pillow close as a comforter, hair fanning across your face, a few strands fluttering from the small puffs of air you expel.

The sight both makes him smile like a fool and also breaks his heart all at once.

He smiles because he wants to bundle you up and kiss you from head to toe, wrap you in his arms and not leave the room for hours.

But it breaks his heart, because seeing you on the floor, reminds him of your breakdown the night before. You soft, broken words, that shattered his heart and stole his breath away.

When he saw your pain and turmoil he wanted nothing more than to be able to take it all away from you, to save you, to stop it hurting.

But from your silent sobs wracking your chest he knew you were not ready, the pain was too raw, that night was not the right time.

But he had not forgotten.

He would find out why you could not sleep in a bed, and he would kiss away your scars until it was better, that was all he wanted, to help you and then maybe one day...

Even just thinking about sharing a bed with you had his heart racing and palms sweating.

He imagined what it must feel like, to have you next to him, skin to skin, fitting perfectly together, your body heat so close he would only have to turn to take your softly in his arms and feel your curves, embrace your body, and kiss every inch of you for the whole night.

'Uugh... Jungko... Kookie.'

Moaning in your sleep Jungkook starts at the low noise and he is drawn out of his thoughts, back to the present.

His name whispered on your lips, feels sinful and sensual. It takes all his willpower not to move to you the moment he hears you whisper into the night.

But sense keeps him away, pulling another pillow and blanket off his bed he moves to you and ever so gently places the blanket over you, and the pillow under you.

Stirring in your sleep your lashes flutter and your breath tickles Jungkook's nose. Moving away he sighs loudly, easing his tension.

Getting ready for bed Jungkook strips and falls into bed, thinking of you and ignoring the blood rushing through his body to dangerous places, warming his face.

**

Waking alone you hear a mass of voices echoing through the apartment. Jungkook's bed was empty, rising from the floor you wander your way slowly towards the noise.

'Y/N!' Jin exclaims much too loudly for your just woken brain. Damn, you think, who the hell is this loud in the morning?

Groaning in response to his shouting and rubbing your eyes the others chuckle at your bedraggled morning state.

Tae walks into the kitchen from behind you, and, throwing an arm over your shoulders whispers conspiratorially, 'Don't mind him, just ignore him until you wake up, that's what we do.'

'Hey!' Jin's face is the picture of ignorance which is only ruined by the toast hanging out of his open mouth.

'He's right hyung,' Hoseok pokes his cheek.

Tae tugs you towards the table and you plop into a chair next to Yoongi and Jungkook.

Yoongi looks at you slowly and nods once then goes back to resting his head on his arms. You sigh in relief, finally a normal morning person.

Next to you, Jungkook is already awake and ready for the day, gym clothes on, hair pushed back.

Hoseok next to him was wearing similar clothes. Apparently, the two of them must have already worked out this morning...

You were surrounded by lunatics.

Yawning widely you plop your head down and fall into a sudden nap at the table. Seven sets of eyes blink at you in surprise and crack up laughing at you.

Happily napping you remain oblivious.

**

After breakfast, Jin decided that seen as you weren't going anywhere, it was time to sort out the spare room. Stupidly a part of you didn't want to leave Jungkook's messy little bedroom, but you just couldn't turn down a room of your own- No way, you had never had one before.

So Jin and Hoseok had cleared the spare room of the gathering clutter and the three of you stood in the centre discussing the decoration. All three of you were excited to begin, but compared to the other two you were practically bouncing off the walls.

At first, Jin didn't understand why you were so happy, ruffling your hair he teases, 'Gosh Y/N did Tae give you too much sugar?'

Slapping his shoulder you reply light heartedly, 'I've never had one before let me live Jin.'

'You've never had sugar?' Hoseok exclaims popping up behind you.

'No,' you laugh at the crazy situation, 'I've never had this!' you exclaim, spreading your hands wide and spinning until you were dizzy and Hobi had to catch your arms.

Jin looks over to the two of you still looking slightly confused, 'You've never your own room'

'I've never had a room at all, the boss didn't care where I slept, floors, baths, on a good night a sofa,' you laugh at yourself, you have to, to cover the bitter pain.

Jin's back froze, and Hoseok looked almost scary for a second until he caught eyes with Jin and in a second his bright smile returned.

'Well this is yours, it's not much-'

'It's perfect.'

You didn't dwell on it and carried on preparing to decorate.

A while later Jungkook emerged from his room across from yours and came straight into the start of your DIY extraordinaire. Laughing at the three of you he pulls you into a half hug and grins at your excitement.

You try not to jump at the sudden contact from his arm, his chest against yours.

Behind you, Jin smirks at Hoseok and the two of them seem to speak without words, only through their knowing looks.

'I have plans with Yoongi, but I'll be back later to see your amazing work,' he smiles and lazily walks back out waving goodbye to his hyungs.

'Bye Jin-hyung, Hoseok-hyung... Oh and Hobi,' he calls over his shoulder, 'look after these two.'

You watch his disappearing form and admire his body, of course, and you wonder at the pull in your belly.

Seeing his back disappear around the door you bite your lip.

Why were you nervous all of a sudden?

**