21: Midnight Blue

**

'Nope, I'm not going in. No way Yoongi!'

'Come on Y/N let go of that crazy control.'

You groan in defeat. 'Why of all places, here?'

He smiles and looks at you like he knows he's right, even though he's not.

'Just think, it's perfect, and...' He draws out teasing you, 'It will be fun, come on.'

You blink in surprise, the normally laid-back, quiet Yoongi was teasing you! Teasing you! And making you laugh. You liked how calm he made you, how he held a quiet assurance about him naturally, but now you realise he was hiding his playful side all along, his gummy smile and bright eyes shining with happiness, it was infectious and against your better judgment you smiled with him.

With your smile, taking it as a win, he takes your hand and pulls you behind him, straight into the hair shop.

Entering the stylists and giving it a quick once over to make sure it's safe you remove your hat, hoodie, and mask. All necessary if you wanted to walk free and stay unseen.

Waiting with Yoongi next to you, you grit your teeth and try not to run straight back to the door.

'I am not colouring my hair, why!?' You hiss to Yoongi.

He tuts and rolls his eyes, 'Because Y/N', he starts purposefully slow, 'this is the first step to becoming the complete new you, you want to kill your identity that's tied to Kang Sun because you're not that person any more, and also,' Yoongi adds, 'It might make it easier for you to go out again in the future.'

In a second you realise how much thought has gone into this small gesture and you're touched at Yoongi's amazingly perceptive personality. By dyeing your hair physically it makes it harder for you to be recognised. But mentally he is almost offering you the start of a new beginning, like he said, kill the old you and that life, and really and truly begin your new life with them all. You could almost cry.

Breathing gently you reach out and touch Yoongi's arm, whispering a very powerful, 'Thank you,' he knows the message behind the thank you, knows that you understand what he has offered you, and the two of you stand together, ready to take that step into a new start.

**

'Perfect! Stunning! Beautiful darling!' The stylist crows, whilst you grin like a maniac and let him ripple your hair like a waterfall.

Your old hair had been cut, still long but choppy, and was now midnight black- So deep it was almost blue and so beautiful it looked like it could hold the universe within its deep locks. Now you and Jungkook would match completely and you couldn't wait to see his jet black hair and yours together.

You were excited and carefree for once and you loved it, you felt like you had gained a part of your missing childhood, turning your head you admire how it now dances in the light almost ethereal if you do admit so yourself.

You couldn't thank Yoongi enough, and you couldn't tell who's smile was brighter, he was happy for you, you realised.

'Y/N it's amazing, are you happy?' Yoongi asks timidly and you have to laugh.

'Yoongi, I can't even describe it, just, wow, perfect, this was exactly what I needed.'

Together the two of you thank the stylist, Yoongi pays after a mini argument where he doesn't even bother to listen to your whining, and then you're on your way back to the dorm.

You felt free.

Returning Yoongi mutters something about his studio and how he needs your help later, but for now, you were left alone again, the others still not back. Deciding not to just sit around you think of an idea.

To say thanks, you go to get food for Yoongi and the boys once they're back. Going to let him know you were heading out you find him napping in his room, apparently needing a rest before heading to the studio, you weren't surprised. So you head out only a few blocks to get takeout and smile as you decide to order half the menu as a treat.

**

The boys had finished the meeting, and on the way back home, in their shared van, they were all humming with excitement.

Although they all enjoyed times where they were given a break, they were free to do as they wished, together, no schedule.

They couldn't deny the pull of what they did, they all shared an equal, unmoving passion, and it was one of the reasons for their success. They love what they did.

But one member was more excited than the rest and for an entirely different reason.

Jungkook's legs bounced in his seat, full of untamed energy, and his eyes were alight.

Tae teasingly pushed down his leg to stop it bouncing and chuckled, 'Jungkook-ah someone's excited.'

'Only the same as everyone, today was good.'

From behind him Hobi snorted at his fake words, 'Don't pretend your excitement is the same as ours, we all know what's making you this happy, or should I say who.'

With his words Tae and Jimin laugh from next to each other and tease Jungkook with whistles, 'Jungkookies in love... Jungkookie loves Y/N.'

He can only laugh in good nature at his childish hyung's.

Jin looks on with a soft smile at the jokes of his younger brothers, all having fun he can only smile at their teasing and feel happy when he sees the happiness in Jungkook's eyes. It doesn't slip his notice that Jungkook doesn't deny his hyung's teasing.

Jin was happy for his youngest brother, Jungkook had moved to Seoul so young, and become an idol during his childhood, Jin and the older members had practically raised him. And Jin couldn't be prouder of him, but sometimes he wondered if Jungkook had missed an important part of his childhood.

He never got to be free, be a teenager, to mess around, make mistakes, make bad decisions, seduce girls and drink too much.

He had to weight of society watching him, and cameras everywhere he went.

But now, Jin thought, you came along into their lives so suddenly, with craze and trouble, but he had no regrets, that first night when he made the decision for you to stay, he knew it was right, he had a feeling, and seeing that tell-tale twinkle in Jungkook's eyes, he knew he had been right.

He only wished the two of you encountered no troubles, life as an idol was hard, and it would be difficult for not just Jungkook, but for you too.

In that second Jin decided he would protect you as his family, just as much as his younger brothers.

**

Back at the dorm, they all seemed to tire after the long day, the excitement that had carried them through the long hours of the day finally ebbing away and tiredness taking its place.

Their lives were busy, but together they turned weaknesses into strengths. They turned tired eyes into relaxed evenings doing work or being together.

Tonight was the latter, with no immediate work to be done after today's productiveness, they all decided to take the evening as their own.

The five begin to relax, having only just got in they all couldn't wait to put their feet up, Jimin planned to go find Yoongi, Tae and Hoseok were making their way to the living room, and Jin and Namjoon were venturing into the kitchen.

However, Jungkook, running into the kitchen, eyes wild and words erratic, froze them all in their spots.

'It's Y/N hyung's, she's not here! She's missing... Y/N's gone!'

**