49: 10 Seconds

**

The blaring drone of the fire alarm pierces the night in an instant. Cutting through the air and blasting through your ears, the onslaught of the alarm louder than your own thoughts, it was the only sound you could hear- oppressive and disorientating.

'Jungkook!' You try to shout above the noise, luckily he just about hears your voice. Turning quickly he looks over to you where you motion frantically.

'What?' He tries to understand your waving arms.

'Move away from the door, and get down, get as far away as possible. Move!' You shout rudely, not caring at the moment for anything other than his survival.

You flatten yourself against the wall as much as possible, 'If the door opens- don't move. Don't draw any attention and they shouldn't notice you straight away, they will probably leave without us anyway, don't breath the smoke in for as long as you can last.'

You had been in a situation like this before, the acrid smoke burning your throat and blistering at your skin. You just hoped the fire hadn't engulfed the whole building yet, whilst you worked on a plan.

Jungkook's eyes find you in the dark, illuminated by the moonlight, worried and fearful. You're thankful for the darkness, it was the perfect cover to hide in plain sight.

'Let the dark hide you, if they come for us... Then they should come past you, straight towards-' Straight toward me.

The chaos and shouting were progressively getting louder.

Your situation had just got ten times worse, and Jungkook didn't understand these things.

'Y/N what do you mean let them go past me, that means you're the first target, I won't-'

'Jungkook.' You shout quickly, there was no time for this. 'Get back against the wall!'

He doesn't.

'Move.'

He won't.

'Get away from the door!' You cry out now, desperate and sobbing at the boy to protect himself over you.

You know he won't.

So when the door is flung open, shattering against the wall, he is flung backward and slammed against the wall, ties loose around his wrists.

You scream and throw yourself forward to protect him, but you can't reach, your restraints slamming you back against the wall- helpless.

**

The fact you can't protect Jungkook kills you. You watch, as too many bodies enter the room. The now open door streaming in harsh light.

You see the men go straight towards Jungkook, and you think this is it. You lost. And you can't bear it. you fought for so long, your whole life had been one light fight for survival- self preservation. But without Jungkook, what was the point in fighting to live?

They were here to kill you both, as the building burned and crumbled around you.

But through your teary lashes, you don't see the end. Calming your panting breaths and harshly wiping your face you blink again and see them lean down, and- could it be?

They begin to untie Jungkook.

Two men walk towards you. Immediately you back up, spitting out profanities and threatening them with images too vulgar for your mouth.

'Touch me and I will cut out your tongue and feed it to your partner.'

They don't hit you or bring out any weapons. They come slowly with their hands up, a gesture of peace and trust and the universal sign for, I'm not going to hurt you.