42: Double-Cross

**

You stand in the middle of the square. Rows of shops reaching into the distance, suspiciously it isn't that busy, hardly any shoppers are out today, but you're already overworked brain doesn't sense that anything is amiss.

You focus on the plan. Running through each step to calm yourself. You've done this before, you tell yourself. It's just another business deal, acquire the package and get the hell out, preferably with minimal injuries.

Plus this time you had a backup, you had the police to help. But still, your nerves did not falter.

A constant niggle was keeping your hands clenched and your feet tense, ready to move- if necessary.

You were on overdrive, every sense analysing the situation and processing any change.

In an instant, you know.

But you are helpless.

You could do nothing- you weren't even sure what was happening. But you just knew. That gut feeling that you had learned to trust over the years of dangerous dealings was telling you something.

Somethings wrong

Too late, all too late you sense there's been a change.

All of a sudden the air stills and everything goes quiet. Finally, you notice the suspicious lack of shoppers, where is everyone? Seoul is never quite, the streets never sleep.

Plus the police should be dressed undercover right here. So where are they?

Tense, like an animal predicting the fight you whip around, scanning your surroundings, searching for an answer.

**

Across the way in the dim coffee shop, the members sit, tense, unaware of the change. Tae sits quiet but that only shows his simmering doubts. It took all his will not to bundle you up and drag you home. Namjoon, Jin, and Hobi lean their heads together, discussing in quiet tones but all unable to hide their growing fear. A shrill ringtone cuts through their conversation.

With a small amount of joy, Jimin sees Yoongi's name light up on his screen. Turning away to give his hyung's space to talk he answers the phone breathlessly, not quite able to believe it's Yoongi yet.

'Hyung, don't ever do that again you scared me so much! Where did you go, Yoongi...'

Jimin's rant is cut before it can even begin by a very stressed, very panicked, Yoongi.

'Jimin listen to me.' His harsh tone and dropped honorifics make Jimin sit up and close his mouth, his words dying in his throat.

'Y/N is in danger, where is she please tell me she's with you?'

'No hyung, she's outside alone,' Jimin whispers into the phone, scared of the answer.

'You need to get her- now. I can't explain on the phone, were been double-crossed, Y/N is in danger, go Jimin now! I'm on my way but I'm too far, go save her!' Yoongi cries into the phone before the line goes dead.

Jimin needs no more encouragement. His heart had dropped the moment he heard you were in danger. With no time to explain to the others, he jumps up and crashes out of the coffee shop to where he knows your standing- alone, exposed.

Yoongi's words echoing around his head, pushing him forward towards you he screams for your attention, shouting a mess of words and waving frantically he fights with every passing second.

To no avail.

**

In one full second, you see precisely three things happen at once before the world goes black.

First. Jimin running out of the coffee shop, screaming at you, you don't know what, but even without words, you see his panic and fear.

Second. Too many cars to count round the corners aggressively, tires screeching against the pavement, trapping you like an animal

Third. You see Kang Sun, his black eyes glinting as he sees his prize.

And then you see nothing. Only darkness. A rough hand slams your neck back as a heavy material is dragged over your head. The weight is suffocating and you feel yourself becoming too dizzy from the pain radiating from the base of your neck, moving upwards around your pounding skull.

Roughly dragged into the back of one of the cars the cloth over your head stops your sight and restricts your breathing. The disorientation, coupled with the harsh way your body is thrown around without a care, stop any chance of fighting back.

With that realisation settling in you begin to panic and hyperventilate. Breath hitting the thick material and heating your face, burning your lungs from the lack of air.

Wrong, this is all wrong.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Through clouded thoughts and sharp pain you think of the members and a still trapped Jungkook, and then you pass out.

**

The second Jimin saw your lifeless body being dragged into the car and rounding the corner leaving his sight for good his body gives up. Jimin collapses, expecting to hit the rough ground, startled when he is caught by firm arms.

Yoongi had come just as Jimin was running towards you- running head first into the snake pit. Judging the situation and making the tough decision Yoongi knew it was too late for you, no matter how much it pained him to see. So, although it broke him to do so, he ran, away from you, and towards his Jimin, choosing to save him from them.

At first, Jimin had cursed and struggled against Yoongi's grip, still trying pathetically to shout at you when the first cars arrived, he had begged you to run, to escape, to come back to them. But it was futile, you couldn't hear him. He had come too late.

Caught in Yoongi's hold, his fight disappears and all that's left? Devastation, pain, and grief.

In front of the stark empty pavement, a chill in his bones not from the air, he weeps in Yoongi's arms, and Yoongi fights to keep it together, the cries of Jimin reminding him of what they had just lost- again.

**

Across the way, the boys sit numbly.

It all happened too fast.

They couldn't have done anything.

It all had happened in a daze, they had barely left their seats when it happened- when Jimin had run.

But still they blame themselves, they let you go out alone, they let you put yourself in danger, it was their fault, they cry.

Now the Mob had you and Jungkook. Looking around at each other words didn't come, nothing could be said, their family was slowly being taken and who knows what would happen to you- to Jungkook.

They couldn't even imagine.

Their family was being torn away, one by one.

**