13: Like Magic

**

You wake slowly, and then all at once in sudden alarm.

You were meant to have left early in the morning before anyone else had woke, before you and Jimin could argue again, and more importantly, before Jungkook could wake and sway your resolve with his intense gaze and that annoying habit he had of making your stomach flip every time he stared at you. But instead, here you were awake slowly much too late.

You couldn't lose focus, you needed to find your father to avenge your mother and sister.

So you had planned to slip away at dawn, no longer burdening the boys- No longer having to avoid Jungkook's question- Last night was scary, how well he understood you, how he really saw you, you weren't sure you liked it.

From the light streaming through the slit in the curtains you know you must have woken up late, everyone was probably up already.

Thinking fast you decide to throw on a pair of joggers and another one of Jungkook's white t-shirt's- He seemed to have about twenty of them, and hoped he wouldn't mind one going missing.

Yanking your leg through the joggers and pulling your head through the shirt at the same time you hop over to the window. Luckily there was a fire escape right below the window, only a small drop, and in your just-woken-morning-brain-logic, escaping through the window via a five-foot drop seemed like the perfect idea.

Your quick getaway to return to life as you knew it.

So without another thought, you moved aside the one curtain and pulled open the window.

First leg out- Success.

Butt out- Success.

Second leg out- Failure...

The problem arose when you began to twist your body to fit your second leg out and you heard voices. Jungkook's to be exact. Knowing you only had seconds you rushed much too quickly, and, losing your balance, fell backwards into the room, just as the door opened and a figure entered. Great.

Now you were hanging upside down, legs still dangling out of the window, body hanging down out of it. From your position you saw a body approach you, moving your hair from your face you peer into the deadpan face of Jungkook.

'What do we have here?' His mildly interested face only made his sarcastic remark sting all the more. Embarrassment burned across your cheeks.

'Don't. Say. A. Word.'

'Or what?'

'I'll kill you.'

'Looks like you couldn't harm a fly from where I'm standing... Need a hand?' With that he offers his hand to your face, blinking a few times you're tempted to let him help you, you were beginning to get dizzy. But your stubborn pride won out.

'No... No, I don't need a hand... Back up.'

Laughing he backs away, 'Fine, but this should be fun.'

Glaring at his upside-down face you shimmy your hips side to side, gaining a few centimetres, so your butt was now inside the room.

Determinedly ignoring Jungkook's gleeful face you carry on your shimmy, and after a few seconds gravity did the rest of your work and you drop in a heap on the floor.

With the last few shards of your dignity, you gingerly untwist your mush of limbs and stand, facing towards a grinning Jungkook who looked like Christmas had come early.

Preparing for his teasing you brush invisible dust of your thighs and slip your hands into your pockets, trying not to look as sheepish as you felt.