27: Hyperthymesia

**

'You don't have to Y/N, don't force yourself, we don't need you to,' Jimin is the first person to answer you, you think back to all that time ago when all he could see was the trouble you brought.

You couldn't believe how far you had come, you had a family, and they cared about you, for years you never had that.

Almost crying, you look at Jimin and see his expression mirroring yours.

From beside him, Tae agrees, 'Yes, Y/N, don't think we need you too, not any more, we know the real you now, that's more important than your past.'

'And besides,' Yoongi speaks up, 'as always, we stay together, your danger now is all of ours, no one goes it alone here, you don't owe us anything anymore.'

You breathe out and look at all the boys sitting around you, of course, you understand what they mean, your family now, you don't owe anything anymore, no secrets, no stories, no answers, your life was yours, and it was a life with them.

But you knew this was what you wanted.

'I understand that all, of course, I do, I feel the same way, thank you so much for that, you could never realise how much it means to me. But I want to, I want to share with you all if you would all receive it...'

But you won't force them.

'If anyone doesn't want to hear I understand,' you weren't exactly about to tell a fairy tale.

When no one gets up, you settle down more and relax slightly. Even now, Kang Sun's influence haunts you, goads you into thinking how the old you would think, expecting the worst, for them to leave you.

You had to remind yourself where you were, who you were with.

Starting slowly you let them know firstly, 'It's hard to speak it out loud sometimes, because that makes it all so real, so if it looks like I'm upset, hurting or in pain, I probably am- These memories are hard, but don't think I don't want to do this at any point because I do. I do, I trust you all and want to show that trust...

I think I need to get this off my chest, some of this has haunted me over ten years, I've never had people who care about me to share with so it all stayed inside me.'

The boys sit around full attention on you, respect and care filling the room.

'Tell us everything you want to, and only if you want to,' Jin's voice is caring but firm and you realise he is worried for you. Smiling at him in reassurance you begin but Namjoon starts first.

'We're here for you, we promise to listen and still see you as our Y/N, the Y/N we've come to know and cherish regardless of the past, who Jungkook brought into our lives.'

You and Jungkook share a special glance at his words and his presence gives you strength.

'Okay, well it all starts, I mean- It all started with my childhood- The beginning of the end, you could say... You already know how it started.'

The mood grows serious as you remind the boys of your bloody childhood and cruel father, but this is where your story starts.

'When I was young, I guess around three or four, my father had become a disgrace. His name once feared and respected as a hard gang leader, had fallen into the dirt. After a time that was how he became bitter and twisted, focusing all his time on a plan to become successful again. He forgot his family and became deranged with redemption...

That was how he decided to sell his first daughter to the one and only Mob boss in Seoul, Kang Sun.'

They all react as you knew they would to the name, shuddering and drawing closer to one another.