09: Sexual Tension

**

You stumble forward in the dark, unable to see until you hit something solid.

Gingerly reaching your arms forward you run them over Jungkook's back. Hard muscle tenses under your hands. Bringing them higher you run your fingers feather light over the broad expanse of his shoulders.

His muscles ripple beneath your touch and his breathing labours, but still, you carry on with your teasing touch, not thinking in the dark, unable to see Jungkook's face... You were brave. Doing what you so wanted to do.

'Erm, Y/N- The lights? Maybe.' His words are strained and tense, his voice breathless.

You jolt back to reality and in the dark a furious blush runs across your cheeks. 'Oh yes right... Yeah, okay.'

With only the sound of your breathing and Jungkook shuffling around you take the second in the dark to calm down. You're not sure what had come over you. The first glimpse of temptation and you had thrown caution to the wind. Where Jungkook was concerned, you had no control- it was going to be a long night.

'Ouch!' You whisper, jolted out of your thoughts by a clumsy Jungkook, 'That was my foot, genius.'

'Sorry, sorry.'

Surprised, you smile expecting a playful remark rather than the bashful apology. The confident teasing Jungkook seemed to have melted away in the dark between just the two of you. Here he was cute and clumsy, and it brought you back to your senses. You lightly pushed him as a joke and walked carefully away hoping not to fall.

Unable to see one another, the space between you both seemed charged, almost electric. When your two bodies had just collided you could feel sparks from your skin at the contact.

In the dark, there was a dangerous sense of freedom. You could reach out... And touch him-

You hear his hand hit the wall, searching for the light, and not quite sure what came over you, you call out, 'Wait!'

You hear Jungkook stop, still unable to see him. His voice sounds from across the room, lightly puzzled by your shout.

'What, Y/N?'

'Don't turn the lights on just yet... Wait a second.'

Jungkook doesn't move, and the lights stay off. 'How come?' He asks you.

'I need to tell you something.'

'And it has to be dark for that?' He teases you and you blush at his mocking, lightly laughing at the humour in the situation- because yes, you did need it dark. In the dark, you found you could be brave.

'Yes Jungkook, just for what I have to say.'

'Okay then,' he laughs, humouring you.

Oh, but now you realise, you actually have to say the words aloud.

Suddenly your tongue feels heavy and your throat constricts, you swallow slowly and hope to God Jungkook cant sense how silly you must look right now.

Opening your mouth a few times you finally manage to stutter out a few very eloquent words.

'So, I- I guess I just wanted to say... To say.' Fantastic.

At least Jungkook is kind enough to not laugh at you openly- yet. 'Yes?'

'Well... I mean, erm thank you? I mean. Yes, yes thank you. For everything.' You finish lamely. God great work Y/N.

But Jungkook only chuckles lightly in the dark, putting your stuttering self at ease. 'It's okay, it was the right thing to do, you don't need to thank me.' Ah, the hero doesn't need gratitude.

'It was the difficult thing to do also, you do realise Jimin is right, I have put you in danger. If anyone finds out I'm here...' You don't want to finish that thought. Inwardly you shudder.

'Well then, they will just have to never find out.'

'Jungkook-'

'Y/N. Stop, you're here, your safe. I won't let you go.' His words send a shiver down your body, his calm voice soothes you and the way he controls your worry gives you butterflies, and that was scarier than you realised.

'That's what I'm afraid of.'

'What?' He asks you.

'This? You... Whatever this is?'

Jungkook steps towards you in the dark, you sense him only a touch away from you, his voice is tense and the space between you drips with sudden tension. 'What is this, Y/N?'

You almost squeak at the mere presence he has, even in the dark, 'I don't know but it's scary.' You admit.

'That's okay, you don't think I get scared? I am too, whatever this is- I've never felt before, but for some reason, I need you to be safe. Can you promise me that?'

When had your life ever been safe? You can't promise him anything, you were too broken and scarred by life. 'Jungkook-'

'Please.' He cuts across your desperate words.

You breathe out slowly. Could you promise this? You don't think you can, but not because of Jungkook, because of you.

Your father was still out there. And you had to find him, things may have changed, Jungkook may have come into your life. But for the past fifteen years, you had only got through each day knowing one day you would bring peace to your mother and sister by killing that bastard. It was the only purpose in your life, the one thing holding you together. You couldn't give that up- you would break.

You couldn't stay. So why did your heart say different?

'Yes, Jungkook...

I promise.'

**