45: Pandora's Box

**

Back at their house the six boys face each other, looking but not seeing, thinking but not processing, feeling but completely numb.

Devastation lines the faces of every single boy, each person in utter despair, blaming themselves as survivors grief rips them apart.

It was my fault...

I should have done something...

I could have helped...

I should have saved her...

It's my fault...

My fault...

A spiraling whirlwind of despair, grief, pain, and sorrow. A tornado of emotion building within the boys, threatening to destroy them all.

What were they going to do? How would they get you both back? What if it got out? The chaos it would cause would be astronomical. They could imagine it now-

'BTS's Jungkook kidnapped by Seoul's most notorious and deadly Mob Boss.'

**

'Okay. Everyone needs to pull themselves together,' Yoongi states, staring around the room at the members, heads hung, shoulders dropped in defeat. 'Now.' He hisses. That makes them sit up and pay attention, startled by the venom in his words.

'Listen to me carefully,' his every word is emphasised, painful against the heavy silence shrouding the room. 'We have to get Jungkook and Y/N back... And soon, before anyone finds out either of them is missing.'

'Yoongi, what can we do?' Namjoon cries out. 'This is bigger than us, bigger than all of us... Perhaps... We should call the police.' He admits in despair, voice breaking.

'No!' Yoongi shouts, startling everyone with the sudden exclamation. 'Don't you get it? Don't you realize the reason Y/N got captured?' He stares at everyone's blank face and runs his hand through his messy hair in frustration.

'The police betrayed us- it's obvious. They set us up, they let Y/N go out there as bait whilst they knew they weren't going to help, they left her to be taken.'

Seven variations of surprise, anger, disbelief, and shock grow increasingly more aggressive with Yoongi's words.

'How did you know?' Hoseok mutters, a quiet rage forming behind his eyes, clear for anyone to see, his radiating anger was similarly present in the body language of everyone else.

Yoongi sighs and his eyes drop in stark admission of the facts- 'Something didn't feel right, ever since we had gone to the station and returned,' at this Jimin gazes at him sharply, remembering their conversation- and their argument- in his room, about this very topic. It seems now, that Yoongi had been right, Jimin was beyond angry, guilt and fear eating him from the inside out. He couldn't stop thinking, he had urged Yoongi to not panic, to trust the plan, to let Jimin comfort him- God, he thought, he had tried to talk about his feelings. Whilst all the while Yoongi had been right- and Jimin tried to convince him otherwise.

He felt sick.

'So I did some digging, pulled a few favours and made some calls...' His eyes grow dark and hooded.

'And?' Jin urges him to continue, needing the truth, no matter how devastating.

'Within the police department, I found a web of dirty connections- money bribes, blackmail, family threats... And it all led back to one organisation,' the six look at each other in terrible understanding- 'the Mob, Kang Sun.'