22: Taken

**

The thing with panic.

It does not obey the laws of reason, it reduces men to that of shaking, sweating bodies.

The emotion drips over them, a weightless shroud of oppressing, sheer, crippling...

Panic.

**

Jungkook couldn't help it.

His eyes widen in fear- Pupils dilate, moving furiously, scanning the room with the aggression of a tiger.

Not for a single second did his gut instincts allow him to breathe and calm down, to think logically. Not even when Namjoon finally speaks.

'Jungkook! No one has broken in, we would have seen the damage, let's not jump to conclusions...' Looking at Jungkook he knew it was futile, and in fact, the other members share similar faces of fear and apprehension.

Apprehension at the unknown evil that could have taken you.

They all knew who was hunting you know, and it was this knowledge that was at the front of all their fear, what was the worst thing that could have happened... No one wanted to say it aloud.

'Calm down Jungkook,' Namjoon tries again. This time it is Jin who shouts back.

'She's not safe! Think about it, Joonie...' Jin's voice cracked, 'Think.'

'She wouldn't go without-'

'Maybe she-'

'What if-'

'No!' Jungkook roared.

'Jungkook,' Taehyung's quiet voice rips through the rising chaos, 'What if they took her?'

At his words, Jungkook drops his head and groans.

The conversation stills, no one wanting to answer his question, the rising panic bubbles in their chests. The boys don't know where to start, spinning around they all lunge towards where the door just banged open.

**

Opening the door wider with your hip you wince when it knocks against the wall, but really you couldn't help it, you did have your hands full with bags of food. You had gone overboard in the takeout, wanting to spoil the boys.

Humming softly, you enter the hallway and turning the corner you run into six very stressed boys all running headlong straight towards you.

Squeaking you don't have time to react before they're upon you.

The seven of you collide and a comic pile up ensures as each member runs into the back of the person in front.

Groaning and picking themselves apart, the members all complain.

'Hoseok that's my foot!'

'Sorry Jimin princess- Tae get off me.'

'Namjoon you're crushing me,' Tae grumbles from somewhere underneath all the bodies.

Sensing a strange tension from the boys you decide to interrupt their little disagreement.

'Guys, guys what's going on?' Your voice pulled them out of their grumbled complaining and, reminded them of their panic, the six of them all round on you simultaneously- It was unnerving, shivering you joke, 'Jheez what is going on with you lot?'

And then immediately six angry voices were crowing at once, still bundled in the narrow hall, squished together like peas in a pod, a symphony of complaints ensued...