47: Are You Scared?

**

The men throw you harshly into a tiny room, tied up like animals, left isolated for the long night- you knew how he worked. He had always left you in dark rooms alone, knowing you had lost, that you had no say in your life.

As a child you would cry and scream through the night, scared of monsters in the dark. You soon learned your throat would burn raw long before the deadbolt of the door would ever move- no one was coming.

That was his game you see, how he won- it had happened one or two times before, when you had got ideas he couldn't beat out of you. After so many days and nights in a dark room with no thoughts for company but those of failure and hopelessness, you would return weak, with a lack of rebellion.

It had worked every time.

Even now, sometimes, left in the dark for too long, you began to panic, feeling the walls begin to close in, to trap you- a lingering fear of confinement.

But this time, you weren't alone. You were with Jungkook.

The light filtering in through the dirty window, from the yellowing moon, illuminates Jungkook's bruised face. The space between you two is just wide enough that when you both strain forwards you are only inches from touching, and the teasing space between your two's fingers is maddening.

Jungkook sobs in the dark, fighting to touch you, straining against his ties that cut into his dirty skin.

'Shhhh Jungkook, I'm here. I'm here. Kookie, breathe.' You see him hyperventilating, panicking and loosing his grip on sanity.

You don't blame him.

This place, was a place of nightmares and terror. Dark enough to twist the minds of even the strongest.

Slowly he calms down, whimpering sporadically from pain- you assume, and it all at once, breaks your heart, and hardens you resolve to get him the hell out of here.

That was the plan- to make sure Jungkook escapes, to get him home. He had to go home, to the boys. Sitting in the dark, listening to Jungkook breathe, that's your reminder, and you use it to fight for a plan.

**

Your bones begin to ache, and your skin feels heavy. You slump down and struggle to focus, you can feel Jungkook's gaze on you, so you try to hide the tears running down your face, letting your hair fall across your dropped head.

In the aftermath of your physical fight, and your mental battle with Kang Sun, you slowly begin to feel the life drain from your body

'Why are you crying?' Rising your eyes slowly, you are scared of what you will see reflected in his deep eyes.

Would it be fear? Regret? Pain? Repulsion?

'I don't know.' You lie, not ready to hear Jungkook's found fear of the monster before him. However, before he can speak, your tongue moves of its own accord, moving thickly before you realise you have even spoken.

'Are you scared of me?' Your mouth pushes the words out through your swollen lips. There is a weighted pause where you gulp thickly and regret loosening your lips.

Jungkook begins slowly.

'Y/N, look at me,' he waits for you to meet his eyes and when you do you're confused by the warmth there. 'Y/N, you came here,' he seems to struggle with his words, 'here, to the pace you were owned and grew up in, I can't imagine the memories it must have brought back... But still, you came.' His eyes are soft and his words that follow are breathed out in admiration and love.