02: Save Me

**

Catching the gaze of Jungkook you freeze, the crowd of bodies seems to disappear around you and all you can see is his sharp face. The world seems to have stopped as he stared into your soul.

His look was so intense you stopped and didn't notice you were losing valuable seconds until Kang Sun's men were too close.

Crap, the pushing bodies around you serve as a harsh but needed reminder. You could feel Jungkook's eyes still trained on you. But now you had to survive.

You had planned this across the whole plane journey, knowing the airport was your best chance, your only chance at freedom after so many years being owned by one of the biggest Mob leaders in Seoul, Kang Sun.

So when you saw a chance you took it, and you almost made it. Melting into the crowd freedom was oh so close. But they came quicker than you thought. Causing chaos as they ripped through the crowds hunting you down like dogs.

Women around you began to run, no one knew what was happening but the violence and chaos were causing a panic. Your careful escape was crumbling before your eyes. Your plan had failed. How could you have taken into account him; Jungkook. You couldn't have. He was the distraction that caught you.

The crowds flee to safety and your protection is gone. Leaving you vulnerable and completely exposed. Spinning around, urgently searching for a way out your eyes meet his. The boss' right-hand man, Hyun Shik. His evil eyes narrow down onto your small form.

Throughout the years he had always reminded you he owned you- more than anyone else. Behind closed doors, you would grit your teeth and treat your cuts and bruises. Always telling yourself one day you would hurt him worse.

Now your heart quickens, a jerk reaction upon seeing him and knowing if you got caught it would hurt more than he had ever hurt you before.

So you panic. Fully-fledged, uncontrollable panic. Your trembling hands claw at the bodies around you, pushing through the crowds, not knowing where you were going- as long as you were going somewhere, anywhere. You needed to run more than you had ever needed to before.

The men were spreading out now, all shouting through there earpieces. Letting the boss know they had you cornered.

Still panicking you see the faces of BTS. Now it was not only Jungkook looking at you. They had all seen the chaos, the manhunt. Their security was frantic. You don't know why they haven't run, like everyone else.

And then you notice Jungkook moving forwards- towards you.

That's why the panicked security stood, still here, and not running for the hills.

Jungkook was outside the securities protected bubble. Only a step outside but his eyes, trained on you, were intense and strong.

Pushing forwards you stumble towards him. Eyes wide and hands shaking you reach towards him. Close, so close- until a harsh grip pulls you back.

Weightless.

The moment you fall you feel nothing. You rush through the air and land on the floor with a sharp stab of pain that jolts you. Twisting your body you look back at Jungkook and shout, 'Help me, please... please, save me.'

You know he can't hear with the noise and panic of the airport. By now the airport's security are shouting over the speakers, people are shouting, children crying.

But you see in his eyes he knows what you said. Again you mouth desperately, save me. Help!

You swear you see him go to move forward.

But a hand grips his elbow and holds him rooted.

Namjoon leans forwards and whispers in his ear, and with a deflated look he turns his back on you.

Your eyes prick at the sight and you hate yourself for giving your trust to a man.

He re-joins the members who hold him tightly. His back still firmly facing your broken form.

Your anger builds, the panic and terror that had gripped you from the moment you took your escape at security is replaced with pure, white-hot anger. Anger at everything. Your father for selling you as a baby to the Mob. Kang Sun for the past 15 years. And yourself for your skills.

The raw anger coursing through your veins replenishes your fight. You were currently being dragged back harshly by your arm. Shoulder twisted awkwardly. Hair being pulled until you could almost cry out at the pain clouding your vision.

Digging deep into your strength and endurance you take your hatred at the man dragging you and flip your body around until you are facing him, and in quick succession, you bite down on his grip around your arm.

Hard. Until you begin to taste blood. At that point, you jerk your wrist and kick out at the body in front of you.

The sudden assault takes him by surprise and the sharp pain momentarily frees you.

Only for a second, but a second is all you need.

This time you don't look back. You don't freeze at his gaze. You don't wait for anyone else to save you. You don't let Jungkook trap you.

You save yourself.

Twisting your body you spring up and sprint to the exit. Sinking into the night you manage to run through to the nearest taxi. Jumping in you give the only address you know, a street you repeated into the dark every night as you sent yourself to sleep over the last years, imagining your arrival, planning your revenge.

Driving off into the night you can't quite believe you're free.

Leaning back into the worn seat you close your eyes and can't help but see intense eyes, dark as the night. Eyes that stopped you in your tracks completely and pulled you in with an intense gravity of their own.

You think of freedom and you think of Jungkook.

**