52: Our Forever

**

Every day you had a shadow- scratch that every waking moment. The boys take to following you around the house, there was always someone in the same room as you, normally a three or four of you huddled together, drawing comfort from each other. Tae and Jimin cured up beside you most evenings until Jungkook stole you away, neither one of you able to sleep without the other- the nights were the hardest and that was when you absolutely needed each other, without reservation, you held on to each other with pure need.

Hoseok found you most mornings with breakfast and his own special warmth, Joon found it calming to read to you for soft hours full of quiet voices and clasped hands. Jin's room, normally invaded by Jungkook, was now invaded by you and him both, Jin pretended to tease you both, but he always drew you both in closer, cocooning you within his warm blankets.

And Yoongi, your brother, was the anchor for you the past week, sharing his experience with mental health, and helping you to come to terms with how you were feeling. At first, you were confused, when you would realise with a strange detachment that you were, in fact, shaking and sobbing. Making your way unsteadily to his room the first time, he saw you standing there, in his doorway, a trembling mess, and immediately knew you were finally beginning to heal, and it wasn't pretty.

He would hold your numb hands, speak to you softly, for whole evenings, about everything and anything. The most helpful when he shared his own troubles and struggles with mental health, and slowly you began to understand, and accept.

You hadn't left the house yet, you couldn't just yet, and you weren't pushing yourself. You were healing and taking care of your body and mind, and so was everyone else. Yoongi told you it was the right decision, and he supported you every time.

**

You had gotten so used to your shadows, always drawn near to you in a comforting presence, that it took you a moment to realise that the apartment was much to still that evening. At first, your heart quickens, your breathing gets shorter, and you begin to spiral.

Resting your head against the wall you talk yourself down, in slow calming reminders you tell yourself that you are safe, you are home, you are never going back there.

You are safe, you are home, you are never going back there.

'Y/N, what's wrong?'

Having come to find you, Jungkook rushes to your side immediately, 'what happened?'

He looks so afraid for you, 'Nothing,' you smile, placing a quick kiss on his cheek, 'I was just thinking.'

But Jungkook doesn't relax, instead pulling you into his arms softly, kissing you deeply, 'you, miss, are the bravest person I know, but it's okay to admit you are not okay sometimes.' He looks at you with a deep sense of love.

You sigh, 'I had to be brave, for you. But I still get this feeling of fear- I'm so scared, and I don't know why, and I can't stop it.'

Jungkook nods in soft understanding. 'I am too you know- still. God, we went through so much, it's okay to admit you need help, we have each other, and everyone. And we may not be okay, but we can get through it together.'

You do cry at his words then, letting out all of your repressed feelings from the past week.

'You were hurt, so badly-' you sniffle- 'It was my fault,' you mumble, head buried into his chest.

'No.' He draws you back until you are face to face, his serious expression captivating your sight. 'No, baby no, it was not your fault, it was never your fault, god,' he breathes out, running a hand through his ruffled hair, 'is this what you have been thinking?'