06: Home

**

Although Jungkook may have only sat with you for a few hours, he felt like through that time he had got to know you and understand a few certain things.

From the little information you had given up, he had read between the lines.

He knew you had escaped the Mob, anyone in Korea knew the name Kang Sun, which is probably why you looked scared when the name had slipped through your soft lips.

His body had tensed automatically hearing the name. Yoongi had shared some stories once, about the gang activity in Daegu, and that was only small street gangs.

Kang Sun was the biggest Mob boss in South Korea, not just in Seoul.

When you admitted what your father did to you, he made the connection. Your own father had sold your life to Kang Sun, but for the life of him, Jungkook could not see why.

Hearing his name and knowing he was the man you were hiding from caused a shiver to run down his back, and he had to stop himself from jumping across the table and bundling you up. He knew for certain he would leave with a few broken fingers if he tried that.

That was another thing. He had noticed that you were resolutely independent, you were a lot stronger than you seemed. But now he knew where that strength had come from. You were cold and harsh on the outside, but Jungkook could feel that that was a wall you had built and perfected.

But he was prepared to take it down, brick by brick.

So when you so casually laughed at his offer to take you home he didn't take it lightly. Instead, he paused in the street and turned to face you.

'Why are you laughing, I know you'll say you don't need me to, but I want to.'

'It's not that Jungkook,' you reply to him, sobering and giving a serious answer.

'Well, what?' He asks.

'You can't walk me to somewhere that doesn't exist.'

It takes a moment for the words to sink in. When they do Jungkook stops walking without realising. You get a few steps ahead before you realised he had stopped. Turning you see his thoughts ticking out.

'You... Doesn't exist... What?' His voice was unbelieving. As if you were telling a lie.

'I'm sorry where the hell did you expect me to be living, the penthouse suite in Seoul?' You grit your teeth to stop any profanities slipping out. Did he think you looked like this for fun?

In truth, Jungkook hadn't thought to wonder. Now, of course, it made complete sense. How long ago had he seen you at the airport? At least three weeks ago he was sure. Three weeks living on the streets. If he didn't know you were raised in the Mob he wouldn't have believed you could survive out on Seoul's streets.

But he did know you (well small parts of you he had to hunt for and pull out of your tightly controlled mouth) so actually, he could imagine you living out here, and surviving.

But he was about to change that. No way could he walk away now. He had done that to you once before, not again.

'Come back to my apartment?' The words were out of his mouth before he could curse his stupidity. He knew your reply before you said it.

Not even bothering to take a second to consider, you reply, 'No thanks, I don't need your pity. This is the part where we go our separate ways, don't think about it too much.'

With that, you begin to walk away from him. Ignoring your beating heart and the lure of his sharp mouth and stupid-kissable lips.

For the second time this night he pulls you back, this time you turn into his chest suddenly from his movement and when you raise your eyes to his you swear your lips could meet much too easily.

For a second in the silence his warm breath hits your nose, neither of you moving. Jungkook holds your small body, one arm still around your waist from where he pulled you back towards him.

This time you know it's not your mind tricking you. You're sure Jungkook leans forwards lightly. Closing the gap between you.

He closes his eyes and leans down and all of a sudden-

'Ahh!'

His eyes fly open and his sharp cry pierces the empty night like a wolf's howl.

'What was that for?' He demands angrily.

'I don't need anyone's protection. Especially yours.'

'So you decided to kick me?' He asks half joking, but you know it must have hurt. Because there is a question behind that joke.

Jungkook keeps his distance now. Realising this won't be as easy as he had thought. What wouldn't be so easy? Mainly getting you home safe tonight, but also he was seeing the bigger picture. Your reaction showed to him how hard it was for you to let someone else be in control, for you to open up to something you couldn't carefully hide behind your mask.

Analysing the situation Jungkook knows he needs to try a new tact. Because he had made up his mind, and when he did he didn't change it.

He will keep you safe tonight, if only for one night.

'Look, you let me buy you food, it wasn't that hard was it?' You grumble something unintelligible in response and Jungkook has to bite his cheek to not smile at the curse he knows you just muttered to him. 'So I bet you could come back with me and I suppose...' he draws out his words, knowing he had your attention, 'enjoy a shower and some clean clothes too- if of course, you wanted Y/N.'

You knew the trap, you could see it a mile away. But oh he was right. And really, you could stop one night and be gone in the morning, not having to see his smug expression.

You throw out a pathetic excuse that even to your ears sounds half-hearted, but you didn't want to say yes straight away, a girl's got to keep some pride right?

'The members, won't they be mad?'

'Not if I explain.'

'I'll be in the way.'

'For one night, whilst everyone's sleeping, I doubt it... come one Y/N, If you can survive the streets you can survive tonight with me'

His smile glints in the night at the oh so purposeful insinuation. You pray your cheeks weren't completely betraying you by blushing at the thought of... ah, Jungkook's bed.

'But... but-'

'No buts.'

With a sense of finality and a silent victory in Jungkook's case, he clasps your hand within his and drags you towards certain disaster.

And you certainly do not like the look of your soft hand gripped firmly by his much larger, and stronger hand, not at all.

**