05: 3 Questions

**

Jungkook sits opposite you. The hard bench of the chain restaurant stopping you from getting comfortable- not that there was any chance of that in the first place.

The silence stretches between you for an uncomfortable amount of time. You both sit and you swear Jungkook's gaze doesn't leave your face for a second.

A part of you cares about your dirty appearance and overall look- but that part annoys you so you ignore it and resolutely don't think about the last time you properly washed.

When it seems you could be sitting here all night, not that you have anywhere to be, you lean forwards and start spreading the food out, pulling your burger towards yourself.

'Look,' you start, flicking your eyes across to the confusing man in front of you, 'you're lucky I'm giving you the time of day when your ass left me back then.' May as well start with the hard stuff you think sarcastically.

Jungkook sighs and runs a hand through his dark hair, for the first time since he pulled you to sit down his eyes leave your face. Looking down he mumbles out awkwardly, 'I'm sorry okay-'

Knowing where he was going you interrupt, 'I don't want to hear it', and it's true, you don't. You honestly don't need his explanation. At the time you were angry at him for turning his back on you. But you had escaped and you were free, still weeks later.

So no, you held no grudge.

Jungkook doesn't look so sure, he fiddles with the napkin on the table and looks up at you.

'But,' again you interrupt him. Inside you know it's probably because you hate talking about emotions. Living in the Mob does stuff like that to you. Turns you cold- apathetic.

You try to explain to him without going into your uncomfortableness with any form of emotion.

'Honestly, I'm only here right now because I can't remember the last full meal I ate, so whether I like you or not doesn't matter, oh and by the way- I don't.'

That small, very persistent voice chooses this time to pipe up and laugh at your words that are oh so untrue.

Because yes, he let you down. But so has everyone your whole life, no big deal, and right now, as he sat opposite you, you were finding it increasingly harder to ignore the attraction you felt. A small pit of lust was warming your stomach and you weren't sure what looked tastier out of him and the food.

Laughing at your predicament you started digging into your food, and you almost groan out loud, embarrassingly. You're glad you didn't because Jungkook kept looking at you with some sort of mix of curiosity, guilt, and pity- you hated pity.

Seeing the pity in his eyes sparks something. You don't need it nor do you want it. You begin to get up from the seat. Silent anger as your hand grips onto the edge of the table.

Jungkook doesn't say anything at first. He reaches a hand across and places it across your tense hand. Letting you breathe and collect yourself he says quietly, 'sit down, let's talk'.

You sink into your chair, after all, there was more food left and you weren't stupid. 'What do you want to talk about?'

'You.' Is the simple reply left in the cold air.

'There's nothing to say,' you reply and instantly he looks like he doesn't believe you, he's right.

'I'm sure there's a lot to say,' when you don't reply he carries on, 'I saw you on the news, you're a criminal, what did they say now?' He pretends to be thinking, a comical hand on his chin, 'Oh yes, crimes, drugs, weapons... did I miss anything?'