39: An Exchange

**

'They've taken him!' You shout, hurling yourself through the doors, dropping to your knees in the living room, the boys all immediately reacting at once.

Hearing too many questions you simply cry harder, your chest heaving, and stutter out through your sobs, 'I'm sorry... Sorry, it's all my fault, I was too far, I couldn't stop them. He's gone. Jungkook, he's gone! Tae-'

You fall into his chest hiccupping, a total mess. The boy you rest on trembles and shakes, drawing up his shaking hands he grips your shoulders to look you in the eyes intently.

You see fear and panic storming through those vast chocolate eyes, and you hate what you have to tell him.

'Jungkook, he was running after me,' you groan at your own mistake, your worst nightmare becomes reality. 'They've taken him! They grabbed him and put him in a van, they've hurt him to hurt me... I don't know what to do.' You see six sets of eyes trained on you, wide and unblinking.

Jimin, sweet Jimin, Jungkook's best friend, looks at you through teary lashes and asks, 'Who? Why? Why have they taken him? What do they want?'

The rest of them huddle around, shoulders touching, keeping each other grounded. Jin looks at you in fear whilst you answer.

'Who? Kang Sun, notorious Mob boss of Seoul... Why? To hurt me... What they want?'

You sigh, knowing the truth, the truth that haunted your sleep and still now, stung across your cheek.

'They want me back.'

**

Silence.

No one knew what to say.

But you don't need words to know what was going through the boy's heads.

The boys were thinking with their hearts, whilst you were thinking with logic, seeing the worst possibilities, the end consequences, which is why you sit in total despair.

Kang Sun had made it obvious, he wanted you back, and he would take them one by one until you gave up the fight.

You or them.

How could they choose?

They couldn't.

There was no option. That choice was no choice at all. You for Jungkook. No, they wouldn't, they could never.

'I have to go.' You say, emotionless, pulling yourself away from Tae's embrace.

Hoseok looks at you with a burning fire in his eyes, 'Go where?'

'Back to my old home.'

'No!' Tae and Hoseok shout together, surging forwards, the six surround you tightly.

'I have to, this is all my fault,' you look wildly around, close to losing control, 'every second I spend here, is a second longer that Jungkook Is with... Is with... Is with that monster!' You shout.

'We can't lose you too!' Tae shouts back to you.

But your too panicked, too scared and fearful for what may be happening to Jungkook that very moment.

'I don't care! Okay! I don't care, I have to go save him, Jungkook can't survive there- in the wolf pack. None of you can, you don't understand how dangerous it is!'

At your words, Yoongi and Tae look at each other quickly, only for a second, but it is a gaze that holds a lifetime of pain and darkness. To see it on their faces astounds you. But before you even truly see the emotion in the abyss of their gaze, it is gone, replaced by their fear and panic.