03: Night Visits

**

After Jungkook and the members were pulled through the back of the airport into their car, he sat for the entire journey lost in turbulent thoughts. He doesn't notice six pairs of concerned and questioning eyes on his tense back.

Their words and arguments floating around him about the danger they were in, their cars delay, security mistakes, and other pointless background noise barely filters through his mind. Why would he care about his own safety when all he could think about was you?

Your face, your eyes, wide with absolute fear but a striking resilience and fight. The way your hair flew behind your graceful form whilst you ran for your life.

All ride he utters not a single word. Face set into a hard mask that gives nothing away. But inside he is a mess of emotion, regret and question.

Emotions that threaten to spill out into the night, a mass of emotions that make him grip the chair so tight his knuckles turn white and his muscles cramp, but still, he does not relax.

Regret that almost stops his breathing, regret so strong it makes it almost impossible to think clearly, to form a clear thought.

And questions that need answers.

**

Wearily making their way into their shared apartment the boys all drop their bags in a pile to be dealt with later (after coffee and sleep) and head to the main living space. The pull of comfort and a place to finally lie down drives Yoongi to almost run past Jin's wide form blocking his path to sleep.

The members sit together, all wanting to retire for the night after the challenging day. But first, they know they needed to talk. Their rule is to never leave a burning situation to get worse over sleepless nights, instead, talk it out and come to a solution so everyone can go to bed happy.

For once, though, Namjoon was not sure they would come to an agreeable end to this problem. Judging Jungkook's dark eyes, it would be a long night.

Jin brings in warm, soothing drinks for everyone and with that, some of their tension eases. Bodies begin to ease into a more comfortable position, Tae rests against Hoseok's soft back.

Finally, with a hot drink cupped in both hands, Namjoon speaks, 'Jungkook please tell us what's wrong? Help us understand, we're all worried.'

Jimin mutters a soft reassurance and a push for Jungkook to answer the question.

Still, Jungkook gives nothing away. His posture hostile and radiating a dangerous simmer of anger.

Each member speaks to him asking similar questions to Namjoon.

Hoseok next to him tries to make it easier for him, a casual arm across his leg.

However Namjoon sees that this isn't going anywhere, Jungkook is too tense and his thoughts too messy, he was clearly struggling.

'Guys, it's late you should all get some rest, go to bed.' His statement clearly telling the boys they should leave in the kindest way possible.

The others look at him in surprise and he knows they will object, wanting to help Jungkook, so before they can reply he tells them softly, 'Go now, Jungkook needs some time and space, we will all be here in the morning, hopefully, a bit calmer.'

In defeat one by one they slowly get up, Tae uncurls himself from Hoseok and gently squeezes Jungkookie's thigh before heading back with the rest to their rooms.

Yoongi sleepwalks next to Jin who guides him carefully.

Only after the last body slips around the corner does Namjoon turn back to Jungkook with a warm gaze.