30: Fight or Flight

**

Storming through the streets of Seoul you head determinedly away from your home, you run from the life you had begun to build, not entirely sure of the destination- All you knew is that if you stopped you would drown.

You pushed back the assaulting emotions.

The old you was back. You were running away, surviving, shutting down any emotion you had. But you needed time, a precious moment to mourn what could have been before you return. So you give yourself 30 seconds.

30 seconds to allow yourself to feel.

All of the pain, the hurt and the suffering, even the anguish. You allowed yourself to feel everything that was almost crushing you right now.

You think of them all, especially Jungkook, and try not to picture them all sitting right now, still absolutely crushed. You remember how happy and safe they had made you, how they had begun to help you kill your demons and begin to grow into the person you were always meant to be- hopeful and cared for, and a part of something special, a family.

And then you push it all away.

You switch that part of yourself off. It was pointless, your pain showed you that you had been weak, and this was your proof. So you slip through the cold streets, with no plan, no destination in mind, but a hard determination to move.

With each step, you shed your skin and become the old you. The Y/N who was raised by The Mob, who was taught by cold-blooded killers, whose life was dark and dangerous.

You must radiate an anger that keeps people away from you, even crossing the street to avoid your warpath.

You think of Jungkook's strong embrace and your steps waver, almost turning backwards.

Scolding yourself you mentally get ready to return to your old way of living.

Back to being cold and calculated at least had some advantages.

For example, you noticed them before they saw you knew.

**

It took you precisely fifteen minutes to be sure you were correct, and yes, you were. You were being followed. You picked up a tail a few blocks back and honestly, they weren't the best.

Critically you would say they kept quiet but stayed too close. Obvious newbies scared of losing you so they were way too close, it was how you had noticed them.

The only question was, how were you going to deal with them?

Carrying on walking as if you were still completely unaware you walk towards an unlit alley-way that seemed long enough that one of two things would happen.

1. They would make a move.

2. You would make your move.

But either one didn't really matter to you, it would be the same outcome for both, i.e. You with answers, them nursing a variety of injuries you had already begun to plan.

You enter the alleyway as normal, a hurried speed, but you didn't let yourself get too far from them. At exactly a quarter of the way into the dark twisting, narrow alley they enter behind you. Big mistake.

Body tense, mind awake, you physically use every skill to taste the air, the mood of the night. You're sure there's at least 3 of them and your body sinks naturally, tense like a predator, muscles ready to spring.

And when you do its fast, too fast for the first to react.

Swinging round you punch the closest to you low in the gut, keeping all your body weight behind it, your aim to wind him and keep him down for a good time, it works. After slamming into the wall behind him he drops and doesn't get back up.

Whipping round you keep your body in tight, arms tucked in, chest protected. Your eyes flick through the dark, staying fast and ready. The second and third haven't approached you after your shock attack. Good, that was what you wanted, to surprise them, the bodies natural instinct fight or flight.

50% chance they would run, and if they didn't, so be it.

But they do neither, no fight, no flight, instead, they choose option three; words.

You assume it's a trap, distract with words whilst the other man attacks, but neither move, arms raised in a sign of peace.

'Wait! Stop. We're not here to fight!' The first says, breathless.

'Leave then, and never find me again,' whoever's men they were, you didn't want round two.

'We have a message for you- that's it, then we'll go.'

You eye them wearily, not ready to accept their words, it was too easy. As the one approaches you, you act fast, no thinking, words spat in reflex from the movement.

'Don't take another step!' You shout suddenly. If they moved again you couldn't promise you wouldn't act rashly.

Happy when they freeze in their step you ask firmly, 'A message from who?'

The answer you get is a name you could never have expected, it took you completely by surprise and crushed your chest, heavy and devastating.

'Bang Chen.'

Bang Chen. Your father.

Silence.

Disbelief.

Anger.

A ranging storm of all three. You're tempted to continue the fight there and then because right now you don't want to hear it. You had no time to feel pain right now, you were already too hurt from the boys actions.

Speaking quickly you spit out the words that crush you with their pitiful truth.

'I have no father.'

'Maybe not, but he has a daughter- Mr Chen paid us well for you to hear this message...

Jandari- 09, 12:00am, midnight.'

Midnight! 'But that's half an hour away.'

'Sorry Miss chen-'

'Don't call me that!' You hiss with malice, tongue dripping in venom. You stop yourself from hurting the guy who made the mistake.

'Well, we apologise for the delay in the message, but this is the first chance we've had to get close to you.'

You process his words. Delay in the message- By how long?

As if sensing your question in the next second they are answered.

'We've been trying to make contact for five days. We had specific instructions to only relay the message when you were completely alone.'

You process the information and feel sick to your stomach. They had been following you for five days! Five whole days and you had noticed precisely nothing. You were with the members for all that time, and all along you had been watched.

You can't believe your lapse of attention. This would have never happened before. But you had been too distracted playing family with BTS. Trying to be someone you weren't- Someone deserving of Jungkook and the member's love. You knew you weren't that person, you were not normal, you couldn't live a normal life, you were poisonous.

What if their message was something much worse? You know that Kang Sun will eventually stop trying to capture you back and instead settle on killing you.

What if these men were sent to hurt you? And for five whole days, they had been following you freely. You had put all of BTS in danger from your lapse in attention, and you hated it.

You wanted to not care. But you couldn't.

**