41: The Devil's Deal

**

Morning brings only more fear and apprehension. You hadn't slept at all, how could you?

Four boys stumble out of their rooms, bleary-eyed and disheveled, into the kitchen where you sit, stressing.

Jin and Namjoon make coffee, whilst Tae and Hobi sit down with you, not bothering to say a word, what was there to say?

The feeling of sick and nervousness doesn't normally affect you this way. In all the times you had wrought dangerous deals you had never felt like this.

In your heart, you knew it was because you had so much more to lose, and it scared you. The stakes were higher than ever before. No blackmailing, threat, laundering or business deal could come close, this was Jungkook's life.

You knew it, and you were trying not to let it consume you.

A red-eyed, puffy Jimin stumbles in, the members all take in his appearance and you knew he had probably got just as much sleep as you- which amounted to exactly zero.

You knew why as well, Yoongi hadn't come back. His presence was like a void around the breakfast table.

You knew Jimin had tried to call him all night, you had heard his cries from your room. You wonder if any of the other members slept, you know Tae didn't, he had found you in the early morning. 

Together you sat, wrapped in too many blankets, and shared stories of Jungkook and the boys. You're not sure if it helped or not. But after a while, he managed to find sleep and his steady breathing had calmed you and kept you grounded through the hours to follow.

Hoseok leans over and snags your untouched coffee, you would protest but you couldn't stomach even a small sip. The drink seems to warm him, colour rushing to his cheeks.

Finally, a sincere Namjoon speaks up, 'Get ready, it's time.'

**

Sitting in a small, dingy coffee shop, it reminds you of the second time you met Jungkook. Grimacing slightly at the memory you think how you must have looked after being on the streets for three weeks.

You wonder why in the world he bothered to stop you, why he even cared to talk to you. You must have looked tragic and run down, great impression, you think with only a hint of actually worry. Since that day he had shown to you over and over how much he cared for you, the real you.

Now you sit, surrounded by everyone, minus Jungkook and Yoongi, and the two's absences seem to weigh heavy on everyone.

Tae speaks softly, 'Y/N, how did you know the exchange was happening here?'

You look at Tae, and know you cannot tell him, what you did here, you shudder at the memories of your old life, the evil plans you had to carry out because you had no other choice.

'Lots of times, in gangs, they don't mention locations by name, So it's less likely to be found out and busted. Instead, they tend to associate places with secrets, that way only the person who knows the secret can find the location.' You explain, but still, Tae pushes his questions and you grimace at the eyes on you.

'But how did you know here, from what he said... He said,' Tae fiddles with his hands, looking down quickly, 'He said the place... The place you broke the enemy.'

You wince, from Tae's soft lips it sounded so guttural and dark.

You close your eyes, 'I can't talk about it.'

**

After a moment your eyes seek out Jimin, knowing he felt your loss more than the rest, he had lost someone too.