29: Broken Boy

**

You storm into your room, slamming the door in the process, too hurt to care about respect- You were raised on the streets after all.

Throwing open the wardrobe door you begin to fling clothes onto the bed, all of Jungkook's t-shirts you've been wearing, they all get thrown over your shoulder without a single care.

Your emotions bubble in your throat and threaten to make you cry- But you won't. You've been in this situation before, it's no different just because you thought they cared, you tell yourself.

You thought they were different, that they cared about you, that you may have even found the start of a family. And at that moment you're sure your heart broke, just a tiny bit, but it most definitely did.

Harshly rubbing your eyes that were betraying your pain you turn and stumble into a wide chest. Jungkook holds your shoulders, steading you. His gaze pierces you, oh so serious, a hard set of eyes stop you in your path of destruction through the room.

'Don't go, they didn't mean it-'

'They did,' you hiss, stepping towards him you square your shoulders and hit him with the truth. 'They meant every word. I saw it in their eyes, they realised my skills and when they saw my potential... They looked at me like a possession, just the same as how the boss's looked at me all my fucking life-'

Jungkook opens his mouth to tell you that you're wrong. 'No,' you shout, 'don't lie to me,' you push him stupidly, pathetically dragging your small fisted hands against his tense muscles. He doesn't even move. But your words hurt him more than you ever could. Why do they hurt him? Because he knows they're true. He knew it and he hated it. So he kept quiet.

'Don't tell me they're different, they're your hyungs and you love them, your family- Not mine, I was stupid to think I was a part of that. This made it all too clear, they're no different from the gangs that passed me around, from one owner to the next, let me sleep in basements and hotel bathrooms whilst I made them successful.'

As you spoke your voice got louder and harsher, you knew the rest of the boys could hear you, you didn't care- Let them. You had fought for survival your whole life, you knew how to win.

Love- Family, it was all a weakness, you'd been taught it every day by the boss's, the cruel message almost always accompanied by a reminder of who owned you, never enough to end up in hospital- They were too clever for that.

But then the boys had given you hope, they showed you how life should be, full of selfless love and family. And then they oh so cruelly took it away.

In a broken voice you whisper, so quiet you're not sure he would even hear you, 'I thought you all were a family who saw me for who I am, who wouldn't hurt me... I was wrong.'

After pouring your emotions out you feel drained, like all the fight you had left with your last words. As if sensing your lack of fight Jungkook surges forward and pulls you into his arms, something he wanted to do the moment he followed your angry run into your room.

Sitting down on the bed, surrounded by clothes, he strokes your hair and holds you close. A part of you wants to jump up and fight back, carry on packing and slam the door behind you. But your body won't move. You're exhausted.

Feeling his hand under your chin he pulls you up until your eyes are level. The emotion in his face astounds you, 'I know, Y/N, I know.'

He takes a deep breath, his chest rising against yours.

'I don't know what to say, it's all true and you have every right to be angry. Every day I hate what your father did to you, selling you to those men, leaving you to them. I wish I could have helped you back then, but all I can do is protect you now. You do not deserve this life. I see every day how it affects you, how you fight to suppress your own emotions, like hope and love... And I hate that so much.'