43: Black with Evil

**

Drowsily you began to sense you were inside, but where you had no idea. Still, with the thick woven bag over your head, you strained to hear any signs of where you could be.

Flexing your arms you realised you were tied to a hard wooden chair, arms behind your back, however, your legs were free- mistake number one. Experimentally you stretched them out in front of you, hoping to find any clues. Your toes reach a hard wall and you now know your sitting in front of something, a wall, a desk maybe.

Gaining confidence you begin to tip your head first forwards, then backward, trying to throw off the suffocating mask surrounding your head.

Without success, you hear footsteps and immediately go still, alert and as ready as you could be with your arms tied.

Yanked from behind the thick material is pulled away and the sudden, blinding light renders you temporarily blind, bright spots dancing across your eyes.

After a few seconds, you adjust and can clearly see who sits in front of you, separated only by a thick dark desk.

Kang Sun.

**

'What do you want?' You do not shout, you do not show expression.

Rule one. Show no weakness. After Jungkook spent so much precious time unpicking those rules that governed your life, now you were back and using those rules to beat the master at his game.

He smiles at you, all teeth and taut muscles, 'Tut tut, Y/N, I own you again now, back to how it should be, so speak to me with respect.' He spits the end words out.

You know what he is implying, that you're his, that you always were and always will be, no matter what. But you disagree, you know you can find a life of your own, a good life. You spit in his face and laugh at his words.

'I'll never work for you again, I'll kill myself before that ever happens.'

You expect him to get enraged at your blatant display of disrespect, especially with his men present. But he only laughs.

'Do it,' Kang Sun speaks to his men.

Confused you look at the only man who moves away from you, towards the side of the room, you follow him until he leaves your vision, and you wonder what is happening.

From the corner of your eye, the man returns, only now he walks much slower, and as he round the room and fully enters your vision you see why. Behind him he drags a slumped body into the light, face covered by a mop of thick black hair.

But you know. In a second you know completely.

Your breath catches and your body physically hurts, it aches and burns at the sight in front of you. A bloody and bruised Jungkook.

'YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T TOUCH HIM- YOU LIAR- I'LL KILL YOU.'

Lunging forward your body moves only a mere inch before you're roughly yanked back against the bonds cutting into your skin. You strain against the ties holding you against the chair.

'Jungkook, Jungkook please...' You sob.

You pull so hard blood begins to drip off of your wrist and onto the marble floor. Jungkook stirs but does not reply. The movement illuminated his face under the light and you see heavy bags under his eyes and a bruise stretching across one cheek.

Kang sun stares at you with an evil happiness, and you knew exactly why. He has you, he knew it, and you knew it.

'We made a deal, on the phone, you said you hadn't harmed him, you bastard,' low trembles were making your arms weak.

'And you believed me, naïve little Y/N, I thought you could do better, you lost, I won, and his suffering is all your fault. How stupid for you to have trusted the police, a grave mistake on your behalf, one that almost cost him his life,' he jerks his head towards Jungkook.

He knows what to say, what words will hurt the most, and how to deliver them to cut straight to the bone.

His words make you hiss, 'I will make you pay, you and everyone else in this room.' You look at them each, one by one.

'Y/N, you won't make me pay, you'll do nothing, and maybe I'll let him go, once your back working where you should be.'

'Never.'

'I wasn't asking sweetheart.'

Opening your mouth to retort a low groan stills your words, whipping your head around at the sound you lock eyes with a very hurt Jungkook.

' Y/N,' he weakly calls out to you, 'No, please no, go, you were meant to be safe.'

You almost choke out a laugh at the typical, absolutely typical Jungkook, even now still protecting everyone else before himself. But not today, today he came first.

'No, I won't leave,' you cry. Across from you, Kang Sun laughs.

'Pathetic child, you forgot my lessons, Y/N. Love is a choice weak people make, look at you now, so weak, pathetic. You make me ashamed of you, the girl I raised to rule the world.'

Jungkook shouts from the floor, 'No, your wrong. Liar.' You take a second to wonder at his sheer dumb bravery before you realise it might get you both killed.

'Oh, dear Jungkook, sweet Jungkook, what lies has Y/N fed you, to make you believe she is worthy of your love.'

You freeze.

Jungkook looks at you fiercely. But Kang Sun wasn't finished.

'Don't you know? What she's done? How she would fight for my praise? Little Y/N, who was only just walking, would do anything for me, and before she turned 6 she had already helped me break into half of Seoul's economy...

She is not like you. She tainted, marked, blackened with evil.'

You fall back in your chair, broken by his words, chilled to the bone. Almost crying out, until Jungkook speaks to you.

'No, Y/N don't listen to him. He's trying to break you, please, don't listen to him. To those lies-'

Looking up through wet lashes you smile at him and turn to face Kang Sun, 'Your wrong.'

A subtle nob from Kang Sun and one of his men you hadn't even noticed lashes out.

A harsh palm slaps across your face, snapping your head to the side. The hardly healed cut on your cheek opening up again a pooling blood. Rolling your head back you spit blood onto the shoes of the man who just hit you.

Jungkook cries out and you can see it breaks him to not be able to move, to protect you.

However, Kang Sun's earlier words wake up the part of you that you had begun to forget

The dangerous part of you, the part that grew in the dark and thrived week after week on pain, training, and winning- you always won.

That's what Kang Sun taught you, and he just gave you the reminder you needed.

**