31: A Father's Tale

**

Turning, you flee towards your meeting point. The cryptic message he has sent for you to hear would mean nothing to the messengers, but you knew exactly where he was.

The person you had hunted for weeks, had just given you his exact location.

However, something doesn't feel right, and how could it? You're not sure you even want to see your father, but you have to know what he wants... If the boys are in danger. So you push on, ignoring your bursting lungs and only run harder.

12:10 am.

You made it- Only ten minutes after the designated time. But would he still be here? And would you even show yourself?

Hiding in the shadows, face drowned in heavy shadows from the towering buildings, you breathe slowly, and you analyse the night.

You see the café and you see a man sitting behind the door. But you don't see anyone else. Surely he wouldn't have come alone? But he knew you, he would know that if he brought others you wouldn't show, so maybe he had.

Approaching slowly you stay tense, alert for any signal to run back into the night, to melt into the shadows and go back into hiding. Like an animal running on instinct.

He had one chance to tell you what you needed to know, and apart from that he should count himself lucky you wouldn't end his pathetic life on this chilly night.

Your weeks of searching were finally at an end, and it pained you to not end his life the moment you see him, but you needed to hear him first, find out the danger and threat you sense growing.

Entering the building you see a lone man sitting, shrouded in darkness.

Approaching slowly a gritty voice speaks into the night.

'My daughter I am so glad-'

'I am not your daughter, you are no one, you are a dead man walking, your days are numbered and the only reason you're still breathing is because you hold information I need.'

He doesn't flinch at your words, how could he, he doesn't care for you, the person sitting in front of him is no one to him, a child he gave away at five years old.

You mean nothing, and your words mean nothing, you cannot hurt him, as much as you crave his pain.

'Well then, pray tell, why did you come'.

'You asked me to come, so talk'.

'Well you see, I risk myself meeting you here tonight, however, I caught wind of a plan in the making, an evil little plan to capture a stupid girl who ran away from her responsibilities, her home, and her master.'

'I have no-'

He doesn't stop to let you speak, and you want to scream at the lies dripping from his blackened tongue.

'Well I thought to myself, could that stupid, pathetic little child be my Y/N?'

Your bite your tongue and the nails digging into your palms physically hurt. But that you cannot ignore, his?!

'How dare you-'

'Do not speak to me,' he leans forwards, eyes flashing dangerously, and for once you think maybe this man in front of you, is too far past evil- 'When I made you who you are today, sacrificed you for you to achieve your potential.'

Your stunned, he is delusional, crazed, a mad-man, and it is futile to argue with fools- But you can't help it.

'How dare I? How dare I!? You... You little, pathetic excuse of a man, do not deserve to have ever had a family to give you love, you deserve less than nothing, you're a fool who believes the lies he tells himself at night to be the hero.

You sold me, a baby, for your own gain, you had my mother, your own wife! And my sister murdered, you are no one, a disgrace to your name, and after I kill you, your name will be destroyed, no child of mine will ever take that name. with your death, everything you ever wanted, status, respect, fear, loyalty, power. It will all crumble to dust, and no one will know who you are, child of none.'

You may not be able to hurt him, he may not care for you. But you do know what he desires, and you know how to destroy him. You watch it happen now. How his breathing rises, blood flushing his sweating face, eyes narrow into slits of anger, fists curl in anger and protest.

You smile and he loses it.

'You disgusting child, unwanted, given up, family gone, you have no one- Unnatural- Freak. How could anyone love you? You... You... You-'

He trails off, realising his words in anger, he obviously had a reason to be here, and your goading set him off target. Drawing back into himself and searching for self-control he straightens his tie and looks at you with a now bored, expressionless face.

'If you come with me now, those you care about will stay safe. I am here to help you, I can protect you, and protect them.

Lies, all lies.

He cannot protect you, no one can, and he couldn't touch Bangtan, they were too protected. You didn't need to hear another word out of his vile mouth.

Slamming your fist on the table your father starts at the sharp bang that pierces the night.

Rising you shout at the pathetic man in front of you.

'Give up the game, stop pretending you care, that your trying to help me, and tell me straight, you have 30 seconds before I leave and you will never find me again, after tonight I disappear, completely this time.'

He considers your words, you don't expect any truth from him, but you're too clever for him anyway, you always were. You know exactly why he is here, you saw the hidden truth in his words.

He didn't care about you, and he definitely didn't want to help you. He had a plan, the same plan from when you were a child. He was trying to return you to Kang Sun, he must have made a deal, for money or power is your guess.

You doing anything he asks, is playing right into his hands.

So you made a plan of your own. Telling him he had thirty seconds to explain, his mind started to assess your demand, weighing his options. But for you that meant one key thing, he was distracted...

You weren't waiting for his words...

You waiting for your chance.

And the moment he opens his mouth. You run.

Hurting straight out of the café, throwing yourself into the black night...

Straight into...

**