51: Saved Me

**

Inside your home, trembling slightly, you feel where tears had run their tracks down your aching face- But you feel disconnected- like you feel it on somebody else's body.

You see the cuts across your arms, bruises across your knuckles, and god do you feel the pain- the steady, pulsing, fierce pain settling like ash over your bones and skin. Both the physical ache, the mental exhaustion, and the emotional trauma leave you in an almost comatose stasis. The world around you blurring like fog upon a condensed window.

You feel everything and nothing. You see it all as if your body isn't your own- maybe it isn't. Maybe, a small part of you hopes, after tonight you can begin to live again. Survival isn't living. You were ready to live your life- to shed your skin like a phoenix and be reborn again in the ash of your own past.

**

Jungkook rests next to you, entire body pushed against your side, shoulder to hip- head resting against you and you knew he needed that touch.

He needed to feel you to keep him grounded- and you needed it just as badly, scared that if he left your side for a second you would lose him again.

Returning inside everyone had needed to touch you and Jungkook, gripping your arms and hugging you close- to convince themselves that you were both real, as they sobbed in disbelief and happiness. Unfortunately, sheer exhaustion, emotion, and trauma had overtaken your body, as well as everyone else's- adrenaline only just about keeping you standing. So as much as it pained everyone to do so, they knew they needed sleep.

However, the past few days had taken its toll, and no one could be alone right now, everyone needed each other, to ground and calm themselves. So watching Jin walk over with a mountain of blankets in his arms, Tae behind him with just as many pillows, almost obscuring his boxy grin, you think you smiled for the first time in 48 hours at the sight.

Settling down, the seven boys and you all camp out on the sofas and floor. You and Jungkook shared a sofa, squished together like peas in a pod, two pieces of the jigsaw that fit together perfectly, your edges curved around his body- hugging him tightly. Tae was curled up in the only armchair, Jin, and Jimin together on the opposite sofa, and Yoongi on the floor directly beneath your sofa. The two losers of rock paper scissors- Hoseok and Namjoon, were grumbling about their beds made out of blankets on the floor.

'I love you all.'

Your breath catches at the soft voice singing into the night. The simple sentence reminded you that this was not the end. No, it was the beginning of something, and you couldn't wait to begin living.

'Goodnight Jimin,' you whisper back, an inexplainable lump in your throat.

'Hey,' comes Seokjin's playfully offended voice from the floor. Smiling in Jungkook's arms you add to your earlier words, 'Goodnight Jinnie,' you tease, as the boys laugh. The members all slowly drift off, each saying goodnight. The words were light and forgiving, but comforting.

Twisting in Jungkook's embrace you meet his eyes and drink in his face. You felt an abyss of emotion swirling in your stomach and you couldn't even begin to measure. Mainly relief, at being home, sadness and hurt, from all the memories stirred up. But also, love- and it didn't scare you to know that. You remember your promise, to Jungkook. To save yourself and come home.

You had kept that promise. Because laying in his arms, this was your home.

Leaning forwards you place a kiss to his nose, watching his eyes twinkle with a thousand enduring constellations behind his curled inky lashes. The night is quiet and serene, the sound of the members breathing creating a rhythmic, calming background.