56: Love Me Loudly

**

The clock in his studio mocks him, hands reaching further and further towards 2am, as if to say to him, "I know what you're doing, you're avoiding him," it says with cruel honesty.

Yoongi lies to himself and says he needs to finish this song, but the same beats have sat untouched for the past 4 hours. The keyboard cold and his hands frozen.

That would probably have gone on for hours more, until the dawn peaked through the horizon and Yoongi's hyper-focus stoped him from moving, even when his muscles scream and his hands ache.

He would have, if not for the loud bang at that very moment as the door to his studio is opened, or more aptly put, slammed open, a bundled up figure almost tripping over the threshold as he stumbles into the room, bringing with him warmth and life.

"Yoongi-Hyung," Jimin huffs, unwinding himself from the fluffy scarf and hat.

Yoongi sits frozen, mind processing the past 20 seconds, not yet caught up to the present time, where Jimin is in his studio... Park Jimin... is.... here...

"Tell me hyung," he says, wasting no time, he came here to finally hear what Min Yoongi had been trying to say for 7 years.

"Tell you what?" He asks confused, tired brain waking up from the tense waves of emotion Jimin was letting off into his studio, lighting the air and freezing his steps.

The two stand opposite, so close, but the space between them cold and uncrossable.

Perhaps that was the issue.

What has always been the issue.

Jimin runs his hair through his hair and blinks up to the ceiling, a frustrated laugh bubbling in his throat.

"Just spit it out hyung," he says almost venomously, weeks of tension finally cracking.

"You keep looking at me!" he exclaims, hands thrown up in defeat he looks into the elders eyes and Yoongi sees a wild sort of hunger there.

"You keep staring and staring... and I see your mind, just thinking and thinking... and I'm sick of it! I'm sick of you only ever thinking everything, can't you just say it," he pleads with the other.

"Jimin-ah you can't just –"

"I'm leaving," Jimin says softly, and Yoongi surges forwards, the gap between them lessening slightly, their bodies reaching out and pulling in wards like a dying blackhole, ready to consume everything from the inside out until nothing is left but their bare cores, exposed and raw. Perhaps then they can finally see the other in all their honesty and love.

"You're... what..." he mumbles, mouth messy around the foreign words that he doesn't understand, he can't leave.

"I need to go, I need some space," he admits quietly, eyes downcast, "I've spoken with everyone," and that alone cuts Yoongi deeply, that Yoongi is the last to know.

That Jimin is hurting, aching... Jimin needs to heal, and Yoongi isn't the thing he runs towards, but rather runs away from.

The younger turns to leave, shoulders heavy under the weight of everything he ever dreamed of, that will never be.

"Jimin wait!" Yoongi says without thinking, hands twitching and body aching watching him leave.

And all Yoongi thinks is not again. I can't lose him again. He remembers when Jungkook and Y/N were taken by the mob, those days of pain and worry, he thought he could have lost Jimin, and he knows he can't survive that, not ever.