18: Make Me

**

Jin almost cries at Hoseok, 'Hobi convince her... Y/N please, see some sense.'

'Hyung, you're on your own, I think it's perfect,' Hoseok grins as you both high five.

You stood in the middle of the bare room, hands on hips, ready to fight if necessary for your bright- Bright pink paint. You weren't backing down- Jin be damned, if it was your room then you wanted it bright pink. You had missed your teenage years so screw it, you'd live them now.

Seeing your war stance you see the exact moment Jin realises he has lost. Groaning in defeat he begins to pour the paint into trays for you to use.

You're in the middle of a victory dance when Jimin and Tae enter the room, spinning around you catch sight of them and stop comically in the middle of a shimmy. Tae's smile was infectious at the sight and he shimmies right back at you, but Jimin looked blank as he stood half-in-half-out of the doorway.

'Y/N can I speak to you?' He asks.

A bit unsure you only shrug, 'Yeah sure Jimin.' You figured after the talk yesterday you two were on the same page, you weren't friends, but he would tolerate you, for the others of course, not for you.

Following him out into the hall he moves away from the others and turns, 'I know things between us will be awkward after, um, you know, but-'

His change in demeanour is crazy, yesterday his gaze almost turned you to stone. But here, he practically looked awkward, fiddling with his sleeve and avoiding your eyes.

Not entirely sure what was happening you decide to take a risk as you interrupt him, 'Hey Jimin,' you reply, 'It's okay, it's all in the past now, I understand why you said what you said,' you smile at him and he seems to relax in your presence.

You wonder what made him change his mind, yesterday he was all set on watching your every move, not trusting you an inch, but his next words answer your questions.

'Good I felt guilty, really, and Tae told me I should be- He actually made me come now to apologise, I was having a bit of a problem and I took it out on you...' He trails off.

Damn, was that Park Jimin apologising to you?

Wondering if he needed someone to talk to, you decide to offer, 'If you need to talk, I'm good at solving problems... And if all else fails I can also handle my drink,' you joke to him, happy when he laughs at you.

'I may have to take you for a drink, but be warned none of the members can keep up with me,' he pretends to mock warn you, lowering his voice and getting all serious.

You notice he never answered your question about his problem, you don't push it. But as you both return to your new room you see his gaze linger for a moment at Yoongi's door, his and Jungkook's words from yesterday ringing in your ears.

**

'Y/N please tell me you didn't let Jin force you to paint your room in his favourite colour?' Namjoon jokes to you.

Panting slightly you paused for a moment, you had almost finished and you were happy, the whole room was a light cream except for the one main wall that was now almost completely bright pink. You loved it.

Across the room, Jin stares you down challenging you to expose him and you giggle at his evil look which is completely ruined by the stripe of hot pink across his nose and cheek.

'Actually guys, I choose the colour,' you say to a surprised Namjoon.

You laugh at his reaction and carry on painting very lovingly, only a few more strokes and you would be done.

'Well, you've surprised me,' Namjoon says, from the other side of the room where he is trying to tidy up Jin while Hobi only makes it worse, messy hands smearing paint further across Jin's laughing face.

You grin at the sight and quickly take a photo of the crazy trio. 'What, didn't have me down for the hot pink kind of girl?'

Namjoon laughs and the rest of the day goes quickly, you were never once bored, Hoseok's singing and Jin's jokes entertainment enough, whilst Namjoon tried to keep the room paint free.

Tae and Jimin had made a quick retreat after their not so clean paint fight had ended up getting on Jin's clothes. You had been so close to laughing at him shouting at the boys disappearing backs that your cheeks ached.

Running off Jimin and Tae went to the kitchen.

And now, only a few hours later, you had your own room.

'Now remember Y/N, the paint won't completely dry until tomorrow, so don't smudge it or...'

'Yes oh wise Jin-hyung,' you sing, dancing around the room.

Hoseok laughs at both your teasing and terrible dancing and pulling Jin out of the room he leaves you alone- Finally.

**

It was almost bittersweet.

On the one hand, you had your own room, with your own grand bed.

But staring at it now, all alone, it sets your heart racing and your vision blurs, sensing a panic attack you drop to the floor and rest your head between your knees, trying to breathe deeply against your rapidly constricting throat.

Your vision still burrs, white spots dancing across your vision, the blood rushing past your ears fills the room with a loud noise.

Lost in a pure panic you begin to relive your worst nightmare.

You remembered all the places you had slept, hotel floors, sofas, cars, even bathrooms at some points, normally in the Boss's warehouse you slept in a bare room with bodyguards present always, you learnt to forget what privacy ever was, at least then you couldn't miss it.

Rising shakily you do the only thing you can think of to help. Ripping the sheet and pillow from the bed you throw it into the corner of the room, as far away from the bed as possible, and dropping to the floor you curl up into yourself and rubbing your eyes vigorously, try to stop the memories haunting you still.

**

The noise from the door opening and closing wakes you from your sleep.

'Hey,' you let out softly, slightly emotional and exhausted from everything.

As if sensing your state Jungkook looks at you softly and whispers back, 'Hi, you're all finished, I missed it, I'm sorry.'

'It's okay Jungkook,' you reply, 'it's just a shame you never got to join in the paint fight I would have killed you,' you tease trying not to remember your panic attack only hours earlier.

'Is that so?' He asks you playfully, moving to rest over you, shoulders and chest hovering above you.

'Of course it is, you wouldn't stand a chance.' Now, no thought bothered to tell you that you were teasing the most competitive boy in the world, but really you should have known.

'Take it back, apologise to me,' he whispers and you feel shivers run down to your toes.

'Make me.'

Two words.

One challenge.

**