57: Love Languages

Yoongi sits in his room, bed messy, hair messier. The bags under his eyes begged him for sleep but still, he didn't move, too numb to it all, and yet still feeling every moment of regret.

It had been a week.

Seven days.

And he hadn't heard from Jimin once.

He knows he is with his family, and he knows he's still in touch with the members, he sees when Taehyung's phone lights up and his eyes brighten, fingers scrambling to reply to his best friend. He sees when Jeongguk gets a call and his eyes flick to Yoongi guiltily before he leaves the room and answers, he isn't quite far enough away and so Yoongi hears him cry "Jiminie" before he closes his door, and the name is like a weight in his chest that won't go away.

It had been the same the past week, the members treading softly around him, not wanting to hurt him more. Everything seemed slow, like life was on pause, of course, he knew it wasn't. He knew because every day seemed torturously long, he crawled through each day seeing the boys' eyes follow his tired form. And every night he locked himself in his room and stared at a computer screen wondering when it had all gone wrong.

How did he mess up so badly?

He stares up at the clock. 3 am.

The walls of his room are cold and unforgiving.

Staring at his laptop, eyes glazed over, looking but not seeing, hearing but not listening, Min Yoongi reaches the breaking point.

Tomorrow would be the 8th day without Jimin.

He sits and he feels everything at once. Numb, cold, he lets the pain and regret sink into his bones and turn him to stone.

His fingers itch until he can't stay still any longer.

He drags his finger across his laptop; eyes squinting as the light burns his tired eyes. He drags his cold fingers across the pad, moving the cursor until it hovers over the file that had kept him awake all week.

Should he do it?

No

But...

He had nothing to lose.

Opening the file he feels his heart quicken; life pouring into his veins for the first time in weeks, nervous energy fizzing and warming his soul. He was going to do it.

It was crazy

Completely irresponsible.

And definitely mad.

But Yoongi had been mad for weeks.

Had been mad with love for years.

He just never knew how to say it... And wasn't that their issue. Jimin needed words and Yoongi's love language was in song.

Yoongi could never say the words Jimin needed to hear and they lost each other because of it.

Love languages were delicate things you see.

Maybe that was the problem. Yoongi spoke in sound and music, and Jimin was always listening to the wrong noise. Yoongi's music says more than he ever could, so it was time to let him sing.

**

Yoongi clicks into his file and sees the unnamed one which has haunted him for weeks. He opens the folder, sees the one file left bare. Opening it he lets the music wash over him, the song he wrote for Jimin, the song he had never been able to finish... until this week.

He had finally finished it. Wrote the lyrics he could never say, turned them into a song, into a melody, and finally let it all out.

The song feels like Jimin. It feels like home.

He wrote it over the past few months, when he had tried so hard to speak to Jimin, to tell him what he needed to hear... everything his words failed him... he came to the studio every damn night and let the words pour out of him into lyrics and melodies and pure sound.

Wetting his lips he nibbles at his bottom lip, tugging at dry skin and running a hand through his hair he hears the song fade out, the last few beats lingering and then dying, leaving behind the silence that had drowned him like a blanket these past weeks.

He didn't realise how much his life was orientated around Jimin.

His laugh in the evenings, his frustrated little sighs in the morning, his whines and pouts, even his footsteps around the dorm - Yoongi could damn tell his apart from the rest. His breathing, his cute little snores, his tears, his shouts and his music.

Yoongi was attuned to his sounds and without him here he felt like he had gone deaf. A world without sound had no meaning.

**

So Yoongi saves the file, and opens twitter, half in a madness he almost doesn't realise what he is doing, but a bigger part of him knows its time... no matter the consequences.

Logging in to their official account he opens a tweet and attaches the file. He sees the music link sit there, so small but such a huge part of him, his soul captured in a moment.

Writing a short caption, he presses send before he can change his mind.

At 3 am on a Monday night Min Yoongi uploads the song he wrote for Jimin onto BTS' twitter.

At 3 am on a Monday night across the city Park Jimin's phone lights up with a notification whilst he sleeps peacefully next to it.

At 3 am Namjoon's phone lights up and he opens it sleepily, seeing the tweet he smiles slowly, thinking finally, and pulling a sleeping Seokjin closer he feels a little lighter that night... like some things are destined to be.

At 3 am across the world on a Monday night a tweet is made with a single caption...

"~ For Him."

**