07: Scared?

**

Running through the dark streets of Seoul, lit with the nightlife and buzzing with freedom, you felt alive.

For the first time you felt happy, and it was with Jungkook, your laugh echoing into the long night.

Running behind him, pulled by his hand still firmly gripping yours you felt no fear at his touch, unlike every man ever before.

Jungkook gripped you only firmly not harshly, and his excitement and adventure had helped you to forget where you were running towards.

Or more accurately, who you were running towards. The thought made you slow down naturally, pulling back against Jungkook who turned slightly to look at you.

'Jungkook...'

'Don't back down now, the night hasn't even started,' his voice like silk against your ear teases your competitive nature, you know what he's implying and he confirms it when he asks you, 'Scared Y/N?' Jungkook's smile glinted in the moonlight, playful and full of tension you could feel.

Not backing down you retort, 'Danger is my middle name, didn't you know?' His deep laugh breaks through the dull night and makes the corners of your lips lift involuntarily.

'Keep up then.'

Truthfully the right word wasn't scared, but maybe... anxious- definitely apprehensive.

The last time you had seen all of the members together you were being hunted like a dog, fear had dripped from your desperate body, as you watched from the floor as they turned their backs on you.

You can't say you weren't disappointed, but it in the mess of your life other people had hurt you a lot worse, you didn't hold a grudge against them- you were no one to them, they didn't owe you.

But running towards their home, an outsider, with a dark past, you were scared of their cold rejection, you may have been raised in the Mob, but you still had a heart. And you couldn't help but worry about what would happen.

**

Still panting Jungkook skidded to a stop in front of a building, cut off by a large security gate. Hands on your knees gasping in the cold air you heard the beeps as he entered the code, and then you were in.

Walking towards the grand apartment you were oh so aware of your appearance. Jungkook may have not made a big deal out of it. But you truly knew that you looked a mess. Dirty and worn down.

If Jungkook wasn't with you your ass would be pushed back to the pavement.

What a harsh reality. You squared your shoulders and prepared yourself for the trouble you were walking freely into.

Jungkook really was a threat, you realised, able to make you do crazy things like this.

**

Namjoon's face was worried but resolute, you stood small behind Jungkook and peered at the faces of the other members, mostly they listened to Jungkook's explanation of the night's events, but mainly they looked tired.

'No, I'm sorry no way.'

'But hyung...'

'Jungkook you can't come back after disappearing for the whole day and expect everything to be forgotten because you have your answers, what about us? We were so worried, all of us.'

Hearing Namjoon's words you felt guilty, this was your fault, Jungkook had left to find you because ever since the airport you had plagued his mind and try as he might he couldn't forget you.