Chapter 31.

California.

✾ Heidi Rosales ✾

I still can't believe he was there, standing right in front of me with watery eyes, maybe I should've told them to open the doors, maybe I should've done something, maybe.....
My thoughts were interrupted by Jason.

"Heidi get in" He says, I forgot that we were outside the airport waiting for the cab, because we don't have a car and my brother isn't sending mine until tomorrow.

"Are you okay?" Jason asks.
I was looking out the window, my new surroundings for a year. I don't know what to respond to him. I don't even want to look at him.

"I'm good, never been better." I mumble and keep looking out the window.

"Heidi, you are a terrible liar. Mostly if you aren't looking at me, you always do that." Jason replies.

If he already knew I was lying then why the fruit was he asking me. Of course I knew that whenever I lie I don't look at them, I can't face anyone if I'm unsure about certain things.

But god could he not notice that I just wanted to think, not talk because I would just cry. Why did I not stay back home? Would it have been that bad to choose him over my career? It was my life after all, I could have stayed and studied back home but No.

I hated the fact that we had to grow up, when did everything go wrong? We were so happy together a day before and the next he wanted to break things off with me..."For me" I found no reason in that, just heartbreak.

"So, your just going to ignore me now?" Jason asks

"Jason can you please just leave me alone." I reply and I feel my eyes swell up.

"I'm sorry okay. I just don't know how to cheer you up, I had no idea he would show up." Jason replies as he reaches out for my hand.

"I didn't either." I say, and the tears stream down my cheeks.

Jason pulls me into his embrace and tries to console me which really is no help.

We arrive, but it looked nothing like a college to me, more like a house.

"What are we doing here?" I ask
"This is my place, I'll drive you from here it's not far." Jason replies with a smile.

He helps me out of the cab, we grab my suitcases and enter his house.

"You're back!!" Rachel squeals in excitement as she rushes to hug and kiss my brother.

"Yes, and look who is here." Jason says moving aside so I was visible, as I saw Rachel I noticed her belly, it was really small but cute.

"Heidi!!" She says and comes towards me, she gives me a tight hug.

"Hey, congrats on the baby." I say and she gives me a smile.

"Well, I will be back I'm taking her to her dorm." Jason says

We say goodbye and they expected me to come visit, I mean how would I not. I was pretty much alone in this place.

Jason tells me what is what around Los Angeles, and the ways I can take to get to certain places, honestly half the time I was not even paying attention.

When we arrive to the college, we ask for the girls dormitory, more like Jason does the talking for me.

He helps me get to the room, and I knock. I have the key but I want to make sure my roommate is not changing.

A girl with dirty blonde hair, and green eyes opens the door.

She has a big smile across her face.
"Hey! You must be Heidi!!" She says excited.
I smile and nod, "I'm Kennedy." She introduces herself.