Chapter 41.

It's been a month now since I made my final decision.

I was not leaving California anytime soon, I had nothing to go back home for.

After all I wanted to forget everything back in Utah, not one single happy memory was in my mind anymore.

A month ago.

"Hey." Justin's voice echos through my dorm.

All I have been doing since I saw that picture has been crying and sitting by the window trying to find the strength in me to continue through life without him.

My heartache had rung me out until I was dry inside, no more tears would come. My insides still felt as raw as if a winter wind was blowing right through my skin. The last conversation haunted me, taunted me, replaying like an echo.
My appetite had dwindled to nothing. I kept the curtains closed so that I wouldn't have to witness life going on as usual. How could it when my world had crumbled?

I turn towards him and he takes a seat next to me, "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I've had better days." I reply

"What's going on?" Justin asked, ever since he told me how he felt I've avoided him at all costs, and seeing him here asking how I was doing after coming to see me days ago also, really meant I wasn't just a girl he was trying to prove to others he could get.

Maybe he really did like me, and it wasn't just him chasing me around to bug me.

"Nothing." I lie

"I know something is wrong, why can't you tell me? I won't tell anyone, I can tell because you seem even more sad then when I first met you."

I sigh and a tear rolls down my cheek, catching me by surprise since I haven't been able to cry for a few days.

"You were right." I whisper

Clearly remembering his words that night, he was right and I didn't hear him.

"About what?" He questions

"He didn't wait for me, he didn't want to be with me anymore... or maybe not at all." More tears trickle down my cheeks.

"Hey, don't say that. I was being stupid, don't take my words as anything. I was only messing with you..." He sighs

"No, you were and I should have listened."

"I wasn't. Look maybe things don't seem like they are going good, but that doesn't mean your life has to completely fall apart over some dude, it's his loss Heidi." Justin smiles

"Thanks." I reply

Something inside of me, inside my chest was empty, it was a heavy feeling and I could never understand why I felt so alone.

Justin pulls me into his embrace as I let the tears steam down my face once more and maybe for the very last time.

Today.

Justin and I were going to a dance recital, he has been acting really nice and super supportive towards me.

After all he did help me a lot when I was falling apart again, everyday he made me do something new to distract me, and always made sure I did my school work.